Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Pleasure Island Cleethorpes: CLOSED!

Pleasure Island Cleethorpes: CLOSED!

d_n_s_u

Posted:
4/14/10 at
3:30:49 PM

Views: 2678

CLEETHORPES' Pleasure Island theme park has closed.

Staff turned up for work this morning and were given letters terminating their employment and assuring them that they would be paid up until today.

Visitors - some of whom had travelled from out of the area - were turned away at the gate.

No reason has yet been given for the closure.

Click

Re: Pleasure Island Cleethorpes: CLOSED! by Graeme Graeme Profile at 4/14/10 6:25:43 PM

That's a shame. It's not like there's a truly classic ride there, but it's still an enjoyable park. Pleasuure Island is certainly an important part of the trips I've made to Lincolnshire.

Re: Pleasure Island Cleethorpes: CLOSED! by d_n_s_u at 4/15/10 12:58:19 PM

It might not be as bad a picture as I first thought.

This from the Joyland forum:

"...There was recently a bit of a family spat between the family members who own both Flamingoland and Pleasure Island.

The result was that Pleasure Island was given away to one of the now ex-directors as a settlement.

It's likely the closure is due to a problem with the company sale/exchange.

Rumours are that it will reopen very shortly under a new company name backing the park.

There's a degree of evidence backing this all up, but nothing solid (as is often the way). So it's a case of fingers crossed.."

Who knows?? I don't. :-)

Re: Pleasure Island Cleethorpes: CLOSED! by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 4/17/10 10:46:35 PM

I was rather shocked when I read this a few days ago on Screamscape...must have been a slow day here because I scared the dog going 'WTF?'