Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Going to North Devon

Going to North Devon

Graeme Graeme Profile

Posted:
2/8/10 at
5:38:55 PM

Views: 2530

I know winged beast is an expert on this (and Nick Laister). Should I go to any of the small theme parks there?

Is Milky Way worth going to for Clone Zone, or would I feel a bit of a berk? Is it a substantial suspended coaster?

Re: Going to North Devon by Nick at 2/9/10 5:55:02 PM

Clone Zone is similar to the old Batflyer ride from Lightwater Valley/World in Miniature as far as I am aware, although without the vertical lift. It is a long time ago when I last had a go on it, so my memory isn't great. There are some photos here: http://www.rcdb.com/857.htm?p=16308. I certainly wouldn't describe it as "substantial" but it is fun. There is always the Cosmic Typhoon to enjoy as well: http://www.rcdb.com/3958.htm?p=20312.

There are no other good locations for roller coasters in North Devon (yet - things may change quite soon!), so Milky Way is the place to go.

Roller Coaster Books

Re: Going to North Devon by Graeme Graeme Profile at 2/10/10 10:26:38 AM

Thanks Nick.

I was so excited about riding Batflyer in 1996, but it wasn't operating!

I've ridden a Galaxi (at Clarence Pier) and they're quite nice, but it sounds like I may need to go back to North Devon in a couple of years too! ;)

Re: Going to North Devon by Micheal_johny at 6/30/10 3:30:36 AM

> I know winged beast is an expert on this (and Nick
> Laister). Should I go to any of the small theme parks
> there?

> Is Milky Way worth going to for Clone Zone, or would I feel
> a bit of a berk? Is it a substantial suspended coaster?

Hi,
I have checked lots of places in Clone Zone, but my opinion is to go toward The Milky Way Adventure Park. There are also lots of exciting outdoor activities. I’m sure you will enjoy in The Milky Way a lot.

Re: Going to North Devon by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 7/3/10 11:34:10 AM

Graz, 'ave I not taught you anything? lol A credit is a credit...:P

oops, wrong forum...

Re: Going to North Devon by Graeme Graeme Profile at 7/3/10 3:56:49 PM

I did see Combe Martin Dinosaur Park, Watermouth Castle and The Milky Way, but didn't feel I could go in them. I was really busy though and visited lots of places. Thanks anyway.