Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Pleasureland Haunted Inn destroyed by fire

Pleasureland Haunted Inn destroyed by fire

d_n_s_u

Posted:
1/31/10 at
4:45:06 AM

Views: 2529

:-(

Very sad news.

Southport Pleasureland's Haunted Inn is no more..

"..Pleasureland's Haunted Inn was destroyed on Friday night (30th Jan 2010) in a devastating fire. The Inn is the oldest surviving original attraction at Pleasureland and one of only five crooked house attractions remaining in the UK (the others being at Adventure Island, Blackgang Chine, MW's Amusement Park and Ocean Beach Pleasure Park).

The Haunted Inn originally opened in 1949 as the Crazy Cottage and was renamed the Haunted Inn in the 1990s. The attraction was open as part of New Pleasureland in 2009, its 60th year..."

I loved this attraction and remember it when it was The Crazy Cottage (Photo below taken in the 70s)

User Submitted Picture

Info Source: Joyland Books

Re: Pleasureland Haunted Inn destroyed by fire by the_winged_beast the_winged_beast Profile at 2/2/10 9:19:19 AM

> "..Pleasureland's Haunted Inn was destroyed on Friday
> night (30th Jan 2010) in a devastating fire. The Inn is the
> oldest surviving original attraction at Pleasureland and
> one of only five crooked house attractions remaining in the
> UK (the others being at Adventure Island, Blackgang Chine,
> MW's Amusement Park and Ocean Beach Pleasure Park).

Call me cynical, I think I remember the Dreamland campaign had tried to rescue this attraction from the park but it couldn't be moved as it was riddled with Asbestosis

Asbestosis obviously very dangerous and takes a lot of money to remove it safely . . so fire burns it down job done the site's now magically clear without any cost or hassle . . just me been cynical though

HighExtreme