Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Lightwater Valley Remove Rat Ride

Lightwater Valley Remove Rat Ride

the_winged_beast the_winged_beast Profile

Posted:
11/28/09 at
8:50:05 AM

Views: 3432

Lightwater Valley are removing Rat Ride, their "underground" enclosed schwartzkopf wild cat coaster after 22 years

Oddly despite been at the park 22years LWV never owned the coaster it was rented from a private owner

Back in August i photographed two men with some blue prints who'd been looking around the ride

Myself and jai were lucky enough to be loaded into the car with one of the men, we got to ride twice including once with the lights on

The new ride will have a journey to the centre of the earth / dinosaur theme, no word yet on what it will be

Re: Lightwater Valley Remove Rat Ride by Graeme Graeme Profile at 12/2/09 10:32:13 AM

They're getting a bit light on coasters now, aren't they? However, to me the theme suggests an "interactive" ride, especially as they're already got a building.

Re: Lightwater Valley Remove Rat Ride by hatt at 12/4/09 10:01:10 AM

I read somewhere that they plan to longen the ultimate. But I guess this is just a fake...

Source (german)

Re: Lightwater Valley Extend The Ultimate by the_winged_beast the_winged_beast Profile at 12/5/09 4:50:42 AM

> I read somewhere that they plan to longen the ultimate. But
> I guess this is just a fake...

hatt this is true, the management have confirmed this to the LWV fan site and coaster force the ultimate needs re-tracking and the trains are in need of replacements as the park would have to spend (what they consider) to be a lot of money they are planning to extend the track at the same time so they can reclaim the record of "worlds longest" and relaunch the ride as "U2" (no joke) as they believe it would bring visitors back to the park

Personally i think Ultimate is great as it is, they reason they don't have the same visitor numbers as when they installed the coaster is because they haven't moved on and followed up with the next ultimate - any money they use to extend the ride would be better spent on a new unique coaster

Re: Lightwater Valley Extend The Ultimate by Graeme Graeme Profile at 12/5/09 11:37:19 AM

> Personally i think Ultimate is great as it is, they reason
> they don't have the same visitor numbers as when they
> installed the coaster is because they haven't moved on and
> followed up with the next ultimate - any money they use to
> extend the ride would be better spent on a new unique
> coaster

I've always thought the Ultimate needed more change in elevation. People love big drops and camelback hills, so, whether they extend it or just replace it, I think that's what they need.

I would suggest a woodie, but I think people are used to the large size of the Ultimate, so a junior hypercoaster might be just the thing. That is actually something I'd really want to go and ride.

Re: Lightwater Valley Remove Rat Ride by hatt at 12/23/09 8:02:48 AM

New for 2010: User Submitted Picture

Re: Lightwater Valley Remove Rat Ride by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 12/24/09 11:31:27 AM

So is another coaster going into Rat's home?

I also remember Graeme telling me some time ago that they could only allow so many people into Rat's queue because of a fire hazard or something along the lines of that.

Tim.

Re: Lightwater Valley Remove Rat Ride by Graeme Graeme Profile at 12/26/09 5:03:55 PM

> I also remember Graeme telling me some time ago that they
> could only allow so many people into Rat's queue because of
> a fire hazard or something along the lines of that.

Not me, Timbo.

I wonder what type of coaster they're putting in there. Basically, has anyone sold their Pinfari Z40 recently? ;)