Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Dreamland awarded £3.7m

Dreamland awarded £3.7m

d_n_s_u

Posted:
11/16/09 at
3:06:56 AM

Views: 2640

It's true!!!!!

Brilliant News!!

"...In the most important landmark in the six-year campaign to save Dreamland Margate, the Government has today announced that it has awarded £3.7m to the project. This is the largest grant in the 2009 Sea Change programme, funded by DCMS (Department for Culture Media and Sport), which is designed to invigorate England’s seaside towns through investment in culture and heritage.

It will allow the Grade II-listed Scenic Railway roller coaster, built in 1920 and the oldest roller coaster in the UK, to be restored to its former glory. As well as securing the long-term future of one of the best-loved seaside structures in the country, the funding will allow the creation of the world’s first amusement park exclusively comprised of thrilling historic rides..."

Click link for more...

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Dreamland Margate

Re: Dreamland awarded £3.7m by d_n_s_u at 11/18/09 11:31:18 AM

Click the link for the local BBC report:

BBC Report

Re: Dreamland awarded £3.7m by Graeme Graeme Profile at 11/21/09 11:19:05 AM

I'm extremely impressed at what the Save Dreamland Campaign has achieved here, and, although I'm not as keen on theme parks and roller coasters as I used to be, the Scenic Railway is still one of my favourites and I would love to ride it again (and visit the proposed amusement park)!