Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Noah's Ark at Pleasure Beach - What's the story?

Noah's Ark at Pleasure Beach - What's the story?

Eric_Gieszl Eric_Gieszl Profile

Posted:
11/10/09 at
5:16:15 AM

Views: 5731

What's this I hear about Noah's Ark being closed at Pleasure Beach Blackpool. Is it true? And if so, what's the explanation.

Has this park lost their interest in preservation? Maybe I should inquire if they were ever into preservation of their historic rides and attractions. I would assume so, based on what they did with the wooden Wild Mouse.

Re: Noah's Ark at Pleasure Beach - What's the story? by the_winged_beast the_winged_beast Profile at 11/10/09 6:13:03 AM

As far as i know, the Ark will be removed as part of the park entrance improvements, however the shell of the ark will remain as an ornament over the new entrance

The main entrance to the park sits underneath Noah's Ark, the ticket desks which were once here have been relocated this year, opening up a bigger metal detector / turnstile entrance area to the park . . for whatever reason the park don't feel this is large enough and are removing the lower floor section of the ark to make this even larger

It is a great shame, while the park have made great progress to improve the aesthetics around the park and smarten up their branding and corporate image . . they are sacrificing a lot of history in the process, Noah's Ark shouldn't have been victim for the sake of a few more turnstiles, why not rip out the arcade to the side of the current entrance?

http://www.highextreme.co.uk

Re: Noah's Ark at Pleasure Beach - What's the story? by d_n_s_u at 11/10/09 6:16:09 PM

The heart has been ripped out of Blackpool's Pleasure Beach.

For whatever reasons they be the Ark, Turtle Chase, Whip, Space Invader and Trauma Towers have all been closed and replaced with ..well, no other rides.

Roller Coaster and Gold Mine have been SBNO for parts of the season and the main shows have all stopped.

The powers that be have invested in some fountains and spent £££s cleaning up the park as Mr W Beast has said.

Make of this what you will but all is not right in the place where it was 'once always summer.' User Submitted Picture

Re: Noah's Ark at Pleasure Beach - What's the story? by d_n_s_u at 11/11/09 2:55:57 AM

^^^^^

..er...Please ignore the image of The Mad Mouse in North Wales above ..That was part of another post!! :-)

Re: Noah's Ark at Pleasure Beach - What's the story? by d_n_s_u at 11/12/09 2:29:29 PM

..and now a Superbowl Dodgem is up on ebay..

Superbowl