Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Goodbye Cobra at Paultons?

Goodbye Cobra at Paultons?

ShaneW

Posted:
10/20/09 at
5:04:44 PM

Views: 1896

Wow.

"HAMPSHIRE theme park has been refused permission to keep two multi-million-pound rides that were installed without planning permission..."

See link for the full story. I wonder where they will go from here?

Paultons Park Story

Re: Goodbye Cobra at Paultons? by Graeme Graeme Profile at 10/21/09 9:43:56 AM

I'm gutted for the park, but it's nice to see such strong support for them on your link. Paultons is a lovely park. They try to do everything properly and they really don't deserve the aggro.

Re: Goodbye Cobra at Paultons? by Eric_Gieszl Eric_Gieszl Profile at 10/25/09 4:11:21 PM

The poll shows that 81% feel they should have been granted permission to keep the rides.

This is just part of this anti-capitalism movement that is sweeping the world and especially the United States. "Environmentalists" aren't really for the environment as they claim to be. Their "true" agenda is to destroy capitalism and they hide that behind their claim that their for the environment.

Re: Goodbye Cobra at Paultons? by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 1/31/10 12:11:26 AM

Apparently there is some good news, Cobra is staying, but there is a petition to save the Edge, their Zamperla Disk-O. Like the klutz I am, I forgot to get the link from TPR where I found it.

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: Goodbye Cobra at Paultons? by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 1/31/10 12:15:15 AM

Here's the link...

Save the Edge (not the wrestler)

Re: Goodbye Cobra at Paultons? by the_winged_beast the_winged_beast Profile at 2/2/10 9:12:11 AM

The lack of logic in planning committees shines through, the park could move the ride 200m and keep it there without the need for planning permission, even though it would then be closer to the park's neighbours

I don't like parks begging, i kind of feels unprofessional in my mind, like Lightwate Valleys "Say YES" crusaude for their ill advised attempt to become centre parcs for yorkshire

I'm in two minds over Paultons recent expansion, its kind of becoming just an amusement park, which is eroding a lot of the charm of the original family park

HighExtreme

Re: Goodbye Cobra at Paultons? by Graeme Graeme Profile at 2/2/10 9:36:52 AM

I agree with winged beast on this. I'm glad they're able to keep Cobra, because it's a great ride, it's quiet and it would be an awful hassle to move it.

However, I really couldn't comment on the Disko Coaster, as I don't know how noisy it is or how it feels in the park and, presumably, it wouldn't be as difficult to relocate.