Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Guided Tour-Yarmouth Coaster And Gallopers 13.9.9

Guided Tour-Yarmouth Coaster And Gallopers 13.9.9

britcitchris britcitchris Profile

Posted:
9/16/09 at
3:44:13 PM

Views: 2927

Thanks go to DNSU for advertising it on here, for as a result i managed to score a place and had a wonderful time. There was a talk on the two rides by the pleasure beach's chairman (James Jones) and two other managers, followed by a walkaround of the workshop of Roller Coaster and part of the structure and also the Gallopers. We were given a free ride on both and then it was back to the office for a bit more of a talk then questions. The staff were very friendly very open with their answers and it was a real eye opener to what goes on at the pleasure beach. A great day that I will never forget. Here are some pictures.

I arrived a bit early for the tour, so I took some snaps as I walked around.

Work on the port extension has finally progressed.

This kiddies coaster used to be at Alton Towers.

The Pleasure Beach was quiet with walk on rides. The heads you see are from our tour.

A small but nicely themed Pirate Ship.

Orbiter replaces last season's Frogger. It is the only ride on the park that the Pleasure Beach
do not own.

My favourite shot of the day. Just look at the detail of the themeing.

Photos were on display.

These photos are of famous people at the park. Top left and some below are of Norman Wisdom.

Here you can see how fantastic the theming used to be.

Inside part of the structure of Roller Coaster.

Inside the workshop.

Here are two dolly wheels from the Gallopers. These were locally made 94 years ago and have never worn. The spare dolly wheel sits around getting dusty :laff

A train goes past the workshop.

After the workshop, we were given a free ride on the coaster. We wait for the next train.

It was an excellent ride and in the light rain, felt a bit speedier! A classic woodie that I dearly love. Afterwards, we were taken to the Gallopers for another free ride.

The chairman, James Jones, was all too happy for a photo op with me, especially as I was a fellow City supporter! He even asked me to wear my hat in the photo!

Hope you enjoy the pics.

Chris.

Re: Guided Tour-Yarmouth Coaster And Gallopers 13.9.9 by Graeme Graeme Profile at 9/17/09 10:25:57 AM

Brilliant pics, Chris! It was very generous of the Pleasure Beach.

My favourites are the ones of the inside of the Roller Coaster, and I also love the one of Norman Wisdom! It evokes something to see the park that busy and with a big celebrity in it.

Re: Guided Tour-Yarmouth Coaster And Gallopers 13.9.9 by d_n_s_u at 9/17/09 10:29:39 AM

Brilliant pics and report there Chris!

Thanks very much for them.

Sounds like you had a great time.

There should me more of these type of days.

Much kudos to the staff at Gt Yarmouth PB!!

PS..When I first viewed your photos you had taken (and before I read what was above/below them) I thought that port extension photo was actually some sort of ride.

!!!??!!..Pass the wine. :-)

Gary

Re: Guided Tour-Yarmouth Coaster And Gallopers 13.9.9 by Graeme Graeme Profile at 9/17/09 12:26:11 PM

> PS..When I first viewed your photos you had taken (and
> before I read what was above/below them) I thought that
> port extension photo was actually some sort of ride.

It is, but it's very long and it takes you to Holland! ;)

Actually, I forgot to mention it but I was really, really pleased to see the progress on the port. Thanks!

Re: Guided Tour-Yarmouth Coaster And Gallopers 13.9.9 by britcitchris britcitchris Profile at 9/22/09 6:59:33 PM

Thanks for the feedback, guys. It was a great visit and one which i will never forget. Shame you couldnt make it Graeme. Would have loved to have met you in person.

Chris.