Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Gt Yarmouth's Roller Coaster Tours

Gt Yarmouth's Roller Coaster Tours

d_n_s_u

Posted:
9/3/09 at
3:04:29 PM

Views: 2556

This from Joyland Books:

Great Yarmouth's Pleasure Beach is celebrating its 100 year anniversary and as part of the centenary celebrations the park is opening the Roller Coaster (a 1932 scenic railway) to the public for behind the scenes tours. Albert Jones, the Managing Director of the Pleasure Beach, will conduct the tours on 13 September, which will also include the Gallopers and a look a the centenary celebration photographic exhibition which includes some fantastic images of the town in the past. The Roller Coaster tours are one of the Heritage Open Days organised by English Heritage, which celebrates England’s architecture and culture by allowing visitors free access to interesting properties that are either not usually open, or would normally charge an entrance fee.

Joyland

Re: Gt Yarmouth's Roller Coaster Tours by britcitchris britcitchris Profile at 9/4/09 8:44:59 AM

Gary, I could kiss you for posting that! (But don't worry, I won't!)

I rang the pleasure beach and they told me to ring the council for more info. I did and I am booked on the 3pm tour! There is also a tour at 11am but it was almost booked up. I was not advised of any cost, although there is an option of a ride on the coaster as well!!

The number to book a place is 01493 846346.

Gary, thanks again. You have made my year, my man. Are you going?

Chris.

* This Post Has Been Modified *

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: Gt Yarmouth's Roller Coaster Tours by d_n_s_u at 9/4/09 12:33:38 PM

Unfortunately no but I would love to see some photos posted somewhere from your / anyone's trip if poss.

Joyland

Re: Gt Yarmouth's Roller Coaster Tours by britcitchris britcitchris Profile at 9/4/09 12:45:01 PM

I'll see what i can do!

Chris.

Re: Gt Yarmouth's Roller Coaster Tours by gypbrc at 9/15/09 11:34:22 AM

Yeah the tours we're a nice thing to do for the Heritage events and to celebrate 100 years of the PB. I've got some images (not from the tours) of the Scenic on Flickr if anyone fancies a nosey.

Flickr Set

Re: Gt Yarmouth's Roller Coaster Tours by d_n_s_u at 9/15/09 12:53:06 PM

Great Images there!! Thanks!!

Gary