Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Heide-Park Maya Tal

Heide-Park Maya Tal

the_winged_beast the_winged_beast Profile

Posted:
7/28/09 at
4:53:26 AM

Views: 2970

Heide Park received a €3m maya themed overlay of its former nicknamed "huss land"

Heide-Park-Pictures.de has some nice photos of the transformed land

One thing merlin seem to be good at is overlaying existing tired lands and making them a bit more exciting looks a nicely presented area

Re: Chessington 2010 Beanoland Overlay by the_winged_beast the_winged_beast Profile at 7/28/09 5:04:18 AM

Photobucket

and as if by magic . . . Chessington will have a maya overlay of Beanoland for 2010

A Disc'O coaster themed as a cobra will stand where the dodgems and crazy bus currently reside

rethemed dodgems will be moved across to the current water wars site, the wave swinger will be re-themed to match too

new façades will adorn the madhouse, retail and extended catering units

a new repitle house and walk-through bird aviary will join the area

Re: Chessington 2010 Beanoland Overlay by TrickTrack TrickTrack Profile at 7/29/09 7:02:30 AM

Sound more interesting than the changes at Heide Park. At Heide they actually removed the Condor, which was nicely build on top of a round concessions and restroom building and replaced it with a wave-swinger.
If-I-owned-the-place (tm), I would have removed all the Huss-rides and gave them new homes throughout the park. Heide Park is so big and "empty" in places that it would be a good idea to scatter some flatrides throughout the park.
In place of the Huss-area I would have bought a Giant Frisbee. It would have been exclusive to Germany and a top-notch attraction for the park.

StellaVista

Re: Chessington 2010 Beanoland Overlay by Pepe at 7/31/09 6:30:04 PM

I don't know the original place but i've been to Heide-Park yesterday and i really liked the Maya themed area. Contrary to TrickTrack's idea i enjoyed having some medium rides at one spot to jump on without long walks inbetween. I'd also like to bring up the notion that Heide-Park is missing more of those specially themed places like for example Europa-Park has got. Except the new Maya Tal everything seems a bit higgledy-piggledy put together with no nearby rides having anything to do with each other. Other than that it's an awesome park.

Re: Chessington 2010 Beanoland Overlay by Graeme Graeme Profile at 8/1/09 10:01:33 AM

I don't really have much to say about rethemes, but welcome to Pepe. Are you from France?

By the way, I love these "sexy stomach" adverts, but I'm afraid I don't believe some of them! ;)