Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Yet Another Wooden Coaster Planned for Alton Towers?

Yet Another Wooden Coaster Planned for Alton Towers?

Graeme Graeme Profile

Posted:
6/25/09 at
10:22:22 AM

Views: 2893

Here's a surprising development. Alton Towers is due to reveal a long term plan this weekend (Friday and Saturday), which supposedly includes a wooden coaster.

Watch this space!

Alton Towers Almanac

Re: Yet Another Wooden Coaster Planned for Alton Towers? by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 7/21/09 6:36:26 PM

I know I haven't been around for ages, but I'm a bit skeptical of the woodie plans. We hear it so many times, I know myself, I just don't get my hopes up anymore. Too bad it couldn't be like the dueling woodie Efetlin is getting.

Tim.

Re: Yet Another Wooden Coaster Planned for Alton Towers? by Graeme Graeme Profile at 7/22/09 10:56:37 AM

Here are the results, Tim. You were right to be sceptical, as the wooden coaster turned out just to be speculation. Alton Towers did, however, reveal the locations they are thinking of for future coasters (the purple spots). They are:

* A third coaster in Ug Land
* Another coaster in Forbidden Valley

SW6 is also pictured as a "future coaster".

Alton Plans

Re: Yet Another Wooden Coaster Planned for Alton Towers? by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 7/22/09 7:55:02 PM

I think they have a reasonable plan for Alton, and for coaster wise, I hope everything falls into fruitition. Any word on the possble Mega Lite with reversing bits?

Re: Yet Another Wooden Coaster Planned for Alton Towers? by Graeme Graeme Profile at 7/23/09 10:32:50 AM

> I think they have a reasonable plan for Alton, and for
> coaster wise, I hope everything falls into fruitition. Any
> word on the possble Mega Lite with reversing bits?

They're digging a fairly large a hole at the moment. When we get the first real set of construction pictures, I'm thinking of starting a construction thread. Either that or I'll add them to the old topic.