Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Bakken's Tornado

Bakken's Tornado

Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile

Posted:
6/21/09 at
10:30:53 PM

Views: 2452

Greetings,

Just wondering if anyone here has ridden Bakken's latest Intamin spinner? I am fascinated with this coaster, and it's hydraulic lift...

I'm sure Graeme will think it's a fanboy moment. lol

Tim.

Re: Bakken's Tornado by TrickTrack TrickTrack Profile at 6/22/09 7:44:33 AM

I have heard from EVERYONE who has ridden it, that it is the most insane spinner ever. Far from being a family ride, it is said it also slams you pretty hard into the stupid OTSR.

StellaVista

Re: Bakken's Tornado by Graeme Graeme Profile at 6/22/09 11:15:28 AM

> I have heard from EVERYONE who has ridden it, that it is
> the most insane spinner ever. Far from being a family ride,
> it is said it also slams you pretty hard into the stupid
> OTSR.

You know, reading your descriptions, I assumed this was a ZacSpin, and thought it'd be fine with OTSRs, as there's no lateral movement. Then I looked at RCDB...!

You know, for a coaster like this to have OTSRs in this day and age is pretty crazy. I know I'd rather ride a Gerstlauer or Mack spinning coaster.

Re: Bakken's Tornado by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 7/21/09 6:42:02 PM

I would ride Tornado, regardless of the OTSRs. That said, I'm till waiting for Robb Alvey to post the POV of it, seeing as I haven't seen a decent one yet.

I really do hope there's more of these Intamin spinners to come out, but with thw lapbars.

Re: Bakken's Tornado by hatt at 7/28/09 5:21:41 AM

I've ridden it and it's definitely crazy. The lift hill launches you in the first turn as I've never experienced it before. I think it might be the first time that I was happy to have OSTR while experiencing this launch sitting in a backwards position. Even if the ride is rather short and the building indoors completely naked, it is a very fun ride. I dont know though if it's fun for the maintenance people...