Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Stuff Coaster Enthusiasts Like

Stuff Coaster Enthusiasts Like

LoneStar LoneStar Profile

Posted:
6/6/09 at
1:32:37 AM

Views: 2526

http://stuffcoasterenthusiastslike.blogspot.com/

Taking my inspiration from Stuff White People Like and a queue from Overbanked on the URC, I have started my own version here. These posts are filled with satire and sarcasm that pokes fun at all the crazy obsessions we put into this hobby that we LOVE!

So take a breath and laugh at yourself. These ideas come from my own experiences, those of friends, and those of other enthusiasts I know only on the web. So, yes, I am making fun of myself, and you, and I hope you see yourself in my posts. Not every stereotype will pertain to you, but I hope you will find it enjoyable.

The posts are directed toward the non-enthusiast. Read these, and you will be able fully assimilate into the enthusiast community. We're all pretty predictable, and in no time you can move into our exclusive ranks.

We must all learn not to take ourselves too seriously, especially as we obsess over something as nerdy, siginificant, wonderful, and fun in our lives as roller coaster.

Never done a blog before, so this is in the works. Any tips are welcome.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page to start, as the newer posts are at the top.

Enjoy

LoneStar
- Pat-O

Re: Stuff Coaster Enthusiasts Like by Graeme Graeme Profile at 6/6/09 9:31:41 AM

Pat, I did relate to all that, even though I'm European!

Over in the UK, the industry figure everyone wants to see at the park is John Wardley. I remember going to ride Air in 2002, looking out for him! I always used to look out for the Thompsons at Blackpool and Southport too! User Submitted Picture

Re: Stuff Coaster Enthusiasts Like by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 6/8/09 2:40:18 PM

Well done, Patton! In the enthusiast community my only claim to fame is having Robb on my friends list on Facebook and YouTube...like everyone else. LOL! Still, I'd have a massive drug habit if they could turn air into a drug. Would I be in rehab? You better believe I wouldn't. lol

Re: Stuff Coaster Enthusiasts Like by LoneStar LoneStar Profile at 6/8/09 6:52:38 PM

I just put up a few new posts. Enjoy!

- Pat-O

http://stuffcoasterenthusiastslike.blogspot.com

Re: Stuff Coaster Enthusiasts Like by Graeme Graeme Profile at 6/9/09 9:45:55 AM

So, so true about flying scooters! In fact, that's your best entry yet. :) I wish I had ridden one, really, although I doubt I'd know how to "snap" them or be allowed to.

Re: Stuff Coaster Enthusiasts Like by d_n_s_u at 6/9/09 1:01:39 PM

Magners Cider and Cult TV

(That's me anyway) :-)

more from themagiceye archives

Re: Stuff Coaster Enthusiasts Like by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 6/9/09 9:37:24 PM

Gary, well done!

As for Patton's new entry...bloody perfect! My old home park, Bob-lo had flyers, and I used to love riding them, never got the snappage, but the variants of air were there.

Re: Stuff Coaster Enthusiasts Like by LoneStar LoneStar Profile at 6/9/09 11:13:08 PM

> Magners Cider and Cult TV

> (That's me anyway) :-)

OK, I guess I'm missing the British humor here. A bit distant from Texas.

Cheers

- Pat-O

Re: Stuff Coaster Enthusiasts Like by Graeme Graeme Profile at 6/10/09 10:48:16 AM

> OK, I guess I'm missing the British humor here. A bit
> distant from Texas.

This is really off-topic, but I must ask. Do you like Flight of the Conchords? It's created by New Zealanders and an Englishman, made by HBO, is set in New York and stars three New Zealanders, with all the supporting characters American.

I've had discussions with Tim whether it's more like British or American humour, and I wondered what you thought?

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: Stuff Coaster Enthusiasts Like by LoneStar LoneStar Profile at 6/10/09 11:37:06 AM

Hell yeah, I love that show! Genius and hilarious!

- Pat-O, present.

Re: Stuff Coaster Enthusiasts Like by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 6/11/09 9:55:19 AM

So Pat, didn't Knoebels used to have a loopy metal coaster at one time? ;) That last line was pure comic genius.

Speaking of which, Gareme, have you checked out God's Pottery yet? Those guys are my faves right now.

Re: Stuff Coaster Enthusiasts Like by Graeme Graeme Profile at 6/11/09 12:11:03 PM

> So Pat, didn't Knoebels used to have a loopy metal coaster
> at one time? ;) That last line was pure comic genius.

I can't believe I didn't get it until you pointed it out!

Say, Pat-O, since you're in Texas, have you been on Superman: Krypton Coaster?

> Speaking of which, Gareme, have you checked out God's
> Pottery yet? Those guys are my faves right now.

No, I might head over to your page and check them out.

Graeme, present.

Re: Stuff Coaster Enthusiasts Like by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 6/11/09 3:27:50 PM

> So Pat, didn't Knoebels used to have a loopy metal coaster
> at one time? ;) That last line was pure comic genius.

> I can't believe I didn't get it until you pointed it out!

Graz, if you go to the NA boards there was an enthusiast who said they didn't like Knoebels because it didn't have metal looping coasters, and I was like WTH?

> Say, Pat-O, since you're in Texas, have you been on
> Superman: Krypton Coaster?

I think he has, Graeme. Still, I wouldn't want to put a credit in someone else's mouth...when i know I would be doing that to myself. LOL

> Speaking of which, Gareme, have you checked out God's
> Pottery yet? Those guys are my faves right now.

> No, I might head over to your page and check them out.

They'll be on my subscriptions.

> Graeme, present.

Tim, past.

Re: Stuff Coaster Enthusiasts Like by LoneStar LoneStar Profile at 6/11/09 6:15:01 PM

First off, yess, Knoebels used to have a Vekoma Whirlwind.

Second, yes I have ridden S:KC countless times. This is one of the most under-rated coaster in the USA. It has a unique layout for B&M floorless coasters as it maneuvers around a cliffside with beautiful grace. I love it.

I added a few more posts on my Stuff Coaster Enthusiasts Like blog for yall.

- Pat-O