Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Speed Wave Top Scan Flamingo Park Hastings

Speed Wave Top Scan Flamingo Park Hastings

the_winged_beast the_winged_beast Profile

Posted:
5/25/09 at
3:54:11 PM

Views: 10758

Photobucket

Flamingo Park in Hastings, a relatively small childrens amusement park beside the sea has added a mondial top scan . . as you do

Speed Wave has come from France, with the right hand side access to the platform chopped off, the ride has been squeezed in beside the dodgems

the park is also home to a moser spring tower, ghost train, trailer cakewalk/fun house and various small childrens flats

Photobucket

at £4 a go, the ride was pulling the crowds and has definitely changed the skyline of the park

a very unexpected addition to the season but here's to hoping it pays off for the park

Re: Speed Wave Top Scan Flamingo Park Hastings by Graeme Graeme Profile at 5/25/09 5:40:38 PM

I've been there, in 1991!

They used to have a giant slide towards the back of the park, and that black, wooden building was a ghost train, with a green monster sticking out of the side visible in your photo.

Re: Speed Wave Top Scan Flamingo Park Hastings by Hurri Hurri Profile at 5/26/09 6:34:15 AM

I had a go on Speed Wave on Sunday, it's.. interesting. The ride is completely manual so its different every time, the ride I had wasn't particularly intense at first, it felt the same as Samurai, but then it windmilled and the 'finale' after that was very good.

Loads of photos...

And some other bits from the park...

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: Speed Wave Top Scan Flamingo Park Hastings by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 5/27/09 1:36:31 PM

Again, you guys have the loveliest looking seaside parks. They're fleeting, but lovely indeed. Hurri, I love the pic of the control panel, very geekish...in the good way, of course. :)

Re: Speed Wave Top Scan Flamingo Park Hastings by Graeme Graeme Profile at 5/27/09 5:48:29 PM

> Again, you guys have the loveliest looking seaside parks.
> They're fleeting, but lovely indeed. Hurri, I love the pic
> of the control panel, very geekish...in the good way, of
> course. :)

Exactly, can you see why I grew up loving them so much?

When I was young, I had Clacton, Great Yarmouth and Walton, and I also went to Southsea (Portsmouth), Hastings, Margate and Folkestone.

Then when I was a bit older, I went to Scarborough, Skegness, Southport, Blackpool... It was a never-ending supply of beautiful seaside parks!

Re: Speed Wave Top Scan Flamingo Park Hastings by Graeme Graeme Profile at 5/31/09 5:34:50 PM

Here's an image from 1991 to compare with Winged Beast's and Hurri's. Sorry for the blurry focus. User Submitted Picture

Re: Speed Wave Top Scan Flamingo Park Hastings by WackyWinner at 7/4/09 2:40:12 PM

> Here's an image from 1991 to compare with Winged Beast's
> and Hurri's. Sorry for the blurry focus.

Wow, can't wait to get down and have a go!

Graeme - Do u have anymore old pictures? I also remember the slide, and a dragon coaster! Glad the swan boats are still there!

Re: Speed Wave Top Scan Flamingo Park Hastings by Graeme Graeme Profile at 7/4/09 3:09:36 PM

> Graeme - Do u have anymore old pictures? I also remember
> the slide, and a dragon coaster! Glad the swan boats are
> still there!

Sorry, I don't. If you click on the link below, though, you'll be able to see it in more detail (I meant to put the link in my last post actually):

Hastings