Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Nara Dreamland

Nara Dreamland

TrickTrack TrickTrack Profile

Posted:
5/5/09 at
4:37:09 PM

Views: 2531

Not exactly from the 20s, but here are some fantastic videos of Nara Dreamland from its opening day in 1961.
Dreamland was the jawdropping Japanese Disneyland rip-off park that closed in 2006.

http://destinyclontz.blogspot.com/2009/05/dreamlando.html

StellaVista

Re: Nara Dreamland by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 5/7/09 12:20:43 PM

Thanks for sharing this, Tricky. I first remember seeing Dreamland(Nara) from one of Theme Park Review's trips there, and it definitely was different--different in the good way mind you.

I'm sure you just posted this to pimp your site a tad bit more, eh? ;)

Tim.

Re: Nara Dreamland by TrickTrack TrickTrack Profile at 5/7/09 2:00:02 PM

As If my site needed pimping! ;) Since I posted a pic with the word "pre-teen" my hits have gone through the roof.
I was actually inspired by the Virginia Reel film and it was so nice to see this park when it was fresh and new. It looked much less tacky than and was actually quite charming. Plus I am a fan of vintage Japanese footage (you can find more of this if you click the link below!) ahem!

StellaVista

Re: Nara Dreamland by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 5/7/09 2:31:19 PM

I must digress, I have been to your site quite a few times, I was just looking for a bit of cheek...and I got it. As far as I know, there's footage of nara's Bobsled coaster floating about on YouTube. But yeah, you have a fascination with japan, and me with the UK.