Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > First B&M for France

First B&M for France

hatt

Posted:
4/22/09 at
3:09:12 AM

Views: 2560

It's not Disney. It's not Asterix. It's the rather small Walygator (used to be Walibi Schlumpf)! This not-so-famous park, home to a woodie, a Vekoma Looper,Space Shot and topple tower as signature attractions, bought apparently the defunct Orochi (raptor clone) and will rebuild it for the next season!
Yipiiee!

Re: First B&M for France by britcitchris britcitchris Profile at 4/22/09 6:17:31 AM

Sounds like they are getting themselves a nice little collection of rides, there.

Chris.

Re: First B&M for France by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 4/22/09 3:51:08 PM

I just hope the park take care of it, so it can run like the original Raptor. Good news indeed.

Re: First B&M for France by Graeme Graeme Profile at 4/23/09 9:26:07 AM

That's pretty amazing.

I must admit, when I read the headline I thought it would be Futuroscope, as they were rumoured to be getting a rocket coaster as their first coaster (which is not a B&M, obviously, but I thought they might have changed their minds).

Re: First B&M for France by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 4/23/09 6:22:45 PM

Grazza, this is your chance to ride Raptor...well a clone, but still a Raptor anyways.

Re: First B&M for France by Graeme Graeme Profile at 4/24/09 10:21:38 AM

> Grazza, this is your chance to ride Raptor...well a clone,
> but still a Raptor anyways.

That's what I thought, yeah. Although I must say it was annoying driving past La Trace Du Hourra at Parc Asterix and not being able to go in. The thought that Tonnerre de Zeus was also tucked just behind the trees and I couldn't ride it - argh!

Re: First B&M for France by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 5/7/09 12:24:57 PM

> Grazza, this is your chance to ride Raptor...well a clone,
> but still a Raptor anyways.

> That's what I thought, yeah. Although I must say it was
> annoying driving past La Trace Du Hourra at Parc Asterix
> and not being able to go in. The thought that Tonnerre de
> Zeus was also tucked just behind the trees and I couldn't
> ride it - argh!

Ugh, I've been there before...not with Asterix, but the first time I was passing Wonderland after something like being there nine years prior. I don't remember seeing Top Gun, as it was being built at the time I was going by (March of '95), but I can remember thinking how big Dragon Fyre's two vertical loops looked, and I wanted to go so bad... It was cruel suffice to say.

Re: First B&M for France by junebugg junebugg Profile at 5/31/09 11:06:56 AM

I hope they repaint this a nice color!

Orochi's color scheme was atrocious looking!