Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Good Bye Roller Coaster at PBB

Good Bye Roller Coaster at PBB

britcitchris britcitchris Profile

Posted:
4/4/09 at
6:18:33 PM

Views: 2783

I have been told by a very reliable source (who lives near and breathes PBB) that Sunday will be Roller Coaster's last day of operation.

I am so saddened by this news. The rumours have been flying around about it's imminent closure for some time now but still, it's a sad day for coaster fans. I will sorely miss this smooth classic.

Chris.

Re: Good Bye Roller Coaster at PBB by Graeme Graeme Profile at 4/5/09 2:19:10 PM

Why oh why do we always lose the best, smoothest woodies? This also had the best back seat airtime.

The Cyclone and Scenic Railway were similarly great. I just don't understand it.

Re: Good Bye Roller Coaster at PBB by britcitchris britcitchris Profile at 4/5/09 5:37:19 PM

It's all in the name of progress, I guess.....
But I fail to see how losing the old classics will help the park. It prides itself on having a good mix of old and contemporary rides. They are now contradicting themselves by losing this classic.

Chris.

Re: Good Bye Roller Coaster at PBB by SJBrown at 4/8/09 7:08:59 AM

Always enjoyed the few rides I did manage to get on this coaster.

The more I read about BPB plans the less I want to read this summer.

As previously noted all in the name of progress I suppose.

Re: Good Bye Roller Coaster at PBB by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 4/15/09 3:34:38 PM

I'm freakin' outraged! How is it progress? If PBB keep at it, I'm going to have no desire at all to visit.

Montana Suiza

Re: Good Bye Roller Coaster at PBB by Graeme Graeme Profile at 4/16/09 10:16:34 AM

> I'm freakin' outraged! How is it progress? If PBB keep at
> it, I'm going to have no desire at all to visit.

Yes indeed. Progress involves keeping the good things. Now if they got rid of some of the weaker coasters, and made better versions, I could understand it.

Re: Good Bye Roller Coaster at PBB by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 4/16/09 10:19:18 AM

Yes, but Kennywood still has all of their woodies, and I believe they're almost as old as PBB's. If it was someone else running the Pleasure Beach, I would think that they would put another woodie in RC's place...