Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Drayton Manor 29-03-09

Drayton Manor 29-03-09

the_winged_beast the_winged_beast Profile

Posted:
4/2/09 at
7:21:56 AM

Views: 2344

Last Saturday night we made a spontaneous decision to visit Drayton Manor the next day, visiting the parks website we booked tickets online for £18 which is relatively good value (£25 on the gate)

The gates opened at 9:30am with the rides from 10:30, this gave the opportunity to browse the Zoo, its good to see some investment going into improving the enclosures

Maelstrom is one of the best gryo swings it gets right into the action with almost immediate speed and full height swoops

Shockwave is a great coaster it was running very fast, there's a slight head jolting at the entry to the vertical loop but nothing too unbearable

I'd really like to enjoy G Force but its hard with the hip restraint firmly pushing my lungs up out of my mouth thank god its over quickly

The park looked great in the sunshine, with everything brightly painted the sunny skies also permitted a brave a trip on StormForce 10, overly wet but still a fantastic unusual take on the flume ride

Cable Car to nowhere is one of my favourite DMP rides with that fab view over the lake and down the Apocalypse shaft, Bounty, Black Revolver, Flying Dutchman, Buffalo Coaster and Dodgems were a great giggle too

Pirate Adventure Haunting and Wild West Shoot Out seem a bit worn around the edges but its cool the park has some dark rides

Panda Pneumonia is evil, Apoalypse seems laughably short now compared to the towering intamin phalluses which have since broken my innocence but the slow tilty haul to the top is still nerve wracking

Thomas Town is impressive, the area has been redeveloped extremely well and its working the place was packed, the rides are smart presentable and the sneaky go on the Troublesome Trucks proved to be a fantastically enjoyable junior coaster

4D Cinema is the new for 2009 ride, its very posh inside! The Skull Rock film was well done, the park have plans to show different films for Halloween and Christmas events later in the season

Hopefully this is a turn around from the frankly odd choice in investments they've had over the past few years £4m Excalibur is too drawn out and dull and the impressive effects weren't working

It's bizarre that the park who clearly spent a lot (especially on themeing) on the most deluxe tea cup type ride from intamin would go to maurer for their new coaster

A mega-lite would be a shrewd buy and finally get Drayton an actually good signature coaster they've lacked for so long

Re: Drayton Manor 29-03-09 by Graeme Graeme Profile at 4/2/09 5:52:14 PM

> Apoalypse seems laughably short
> now compared to the towering intamin phalluses which have
> since broken my innocence but the slow tilty haul to the
> top is still nerve wracking

I've said it before and I'll say it again: you have a lovely turn of phrase!

> Thomas Town is impressive, the area has been redeveloped
> extremely well and its working the place was packed, the
> rides are smart presentable and the sneaky go on the
> Troublesome Trucks proved to be a fantastically enjoyable
> junior coaster

LOL, well done! Apparently attendance has risen greatly since they built all that.

> It's bizarre that the park who clearly spent a lot
> (especially on themeing) on the most deluxe tea cup type
> ride from intamin would go to maurer for their new coaster

Yes indeed. I think they genuinely thought it would be a good concept. I mean, I did too, when the concept was unveiled years before G-Force.

> A mega-lite would be a shrewd buy and finally get Drayton
> an actually good signature coaster they've lacked for so
> long

Couldn't agree more.