Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Fast pass rip off

Fast pass rip off

Chris_C

Posted:
3/16/09 at
2:13:05 PM

Views: 1362

Is it just me or does anyone else feel that after paying £30 + to enter a theme park (Thorpe park in this case) that paying anywhere from an extra £3.00 (Single fast pass)- £50.00 (unlimited fast pass)for the priveledge of skipping the queues is a complete rip off.

This is the first park i have been to where they charge for fast pass tickets, are there other parks out there that charge or is this just a Thorpe park way of getting extra money

Re: Fast pass rip off by leon leon Profile at 3/16/09 4:56:14 PM

> This is the first park i have been to where they charge for
> fast pass tickets, are there other parks out there that
> charge or is this just a Thorpe park way of getting extra
> money

Merlin's other park, Alton Towers, also operates this facility. It is a rip off IMHO, but for those that simply cannot wait in the middle of the main season it can be a saver. I tend to just use single riders, or head to the more popular rides during lunchtimes or nearer closing.

Re: Fast pass rip off by Natalie_2479 Natalie_2479 Profile at 3/16/09 5:00:30 PM

they never used to charge for a fast pass this is probably a new thing.......

Re: Fast pass rip off by SJBrown at 3/16/09 7:05:02 PM

I think they started charging last season for Fast Pass tickets may be wrong about that.

Universal Studios in Florida also charge for the use of Fast Pass system.

Re: Fast pass rip off by britcitchris britcitchris Profile at 3/17/09 6:24:21 PM

I'm pretty sure they were charging for fast pass, when i visited in 2006.

Chris.

Re: Fast pass rip off by leon leon Profile at 3/18/09 6:28:01 AM

> I'm pretty sure they were charging for fast pass, when i
> visited in 2006.

Same here, I thought they always did. Was there ever a free-type facility in the past?

Re: Fast pass rip off by Graeme Graeme Profile at 3/18/09 11:38:19 AM

> Same here, I thought they always did. Was there ever a
> free-type facility in the past?

At Alton and Thorpe? Yes indeed, in the first half of the Noughties.

Re: Fast pass rip off by twpburton at 3/23/09 4:04:54 PM

I think they started selling them in 2005 for fright nights (i sold them on occasions in my first season)I think the ride fast pass tickets were sold in that year too. It is such a rip off :(

Re: Fast pass rip off by d_n_s_u at 3/23/09 6:10:51 PM

If I remember correctly the fastpass at Universal Florida permits you to fast pass each attraction just once.

I was about to buy one when the guy selling them told me it wasn't worth it that day. Queues weren't so big.

Nice guy.

Great park.