Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Rick's Delight at Duinrell

Rick's Delight at Duinrell

Hurri Hurri Profile

Posted:
2/24/09 at
3:03:16 PM

Views: 2904

Technically the first EF320+, fabricated years ago before Rage was a twinkle in Gerstlauer's eye, and it's finally started going up now Duinrell have settled their disputes with the locals.

Pics here (in Dutch): http://www.walibiweb.nl/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=64&func=view&id=76345&catid=9

Re: Rick's Delight at Duinrell by Graeme Graeme Profile at 2/24/09 5:51:07 PM

I had no idea it wasn't actually built. In fact, I assumed it was built in 1998.

I remember vividly going into the arcade at Southend and the kind chaps played the Euro Fighter video for me - which was actually Rick's Delight at Duinrell.

Re: Falcon / Rick's Delight at Duinrell by the_winged_beast the_winged_beast Profile at 5/18/09 8:18:52 AM

> I remember vividly going into the arcade at Southend and
> the kind chaps played the Euro Fighter video for me - which
> was actually Rick's Delight at Duinrell.

Rick's Delight was set up at gerstlauer factory, there's a report in FirstDrop#75 so it was built before Rage however due to a lengthy planning battle with the neighbours the park could never install/open it until now

ThemePark.NL have a great set of photos from the opening of Rick's Delight, now named "Falcon"

the ride is really buried deep amongst the trees i wonder why the locals objected so much

Re: Falcon / Rick's Delight at Duinrell by Graeme Graeme Profile at 5/18/09 10:45:20 AM

What a lovely park. Smashing greenery.

Re: Rick's Delight at Duinrell by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 5/18/09 4:19:15 PM

Yeah...what Graeme said. ;)