Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Pleasurewood Hills : Log Flume

Pleasurewood Hills : Log Flume

andyb andyb Profile

Posted:
2/12/09 at
2:06:05 PM

Views: 1019

'Mellow Yellow' has been taken down and resting in the car park.

2009 was the year for the reverchon/whitewater rapids rumour so could this be happening?

Well er no, they are refurbing the flume and theming it according to park officials. Seems an odd thing to do, and results in another year without a new ride.

Re: Pleasurewood Hills : Log Flume by the_winged_beast the_winged_beast Profile at 2/15/09 3:21:18 AM

> Well er no, they are refurbing the flume and theming it
> according to park officials. Seems an odd thing to do, and
> results in another year without a new ride.

Thanks for the update Andy much appreciated

It does seem a shame that PWH doesn't have the confidence to invest in a new ride especially with a fairly large parent company behind them - although the CdA & Walibi parks don't seem to get something new each season

Re: Pleasurewood Hills : Log Flume by Graeme Graeme Profile at 2/15/09 9:25:02 AM

It's just tinkering, isn't it? Like all the other painting retheming, costumes etc. They haven't built one really good, appealing ride since they've owned the park, which I think is a genuine shame.

Quite honestly, I hate that log flume. The theming would have to be spectacular (eg. fibreglass mountain) for it to be welcome back.

Re: Pleasurewood Hills : Log Flume by leon leon Profile at 2/16/09 6:54:45 AM

Is this the first time that it has been refurbished?
In all honesty the ride is a good 17 odd years old since installation. The themeing is a simple yellow lick of paint. Wow.

Was it at another park before PWH?

I think the park do need to get their act together. I think the main reason is that because Wipeout was so 'substantial' locally, you know, the press getting excited, and most of the guests children or families, they have become detracted from improving the park each year. It seems it is something like a 2 to 3 year affair with them.

They need a new, decent water ride, a couple of flats, and maybe a family rollercoaster to:

1) Accomodate more guests - teen interest in the park has been stolen by the likes of Alton Towers for those guests that seek more thrills

2) The amount of wasted space in the park. For example, the Tidalwave Coaster (or whatever it is called now) there is quite a bit of room there for say a new water ride and a flat.

3) Improve visitor numbers. What was the guest intake last year?
I expect it is down.

It is a real shame. I live locally, and can honestly say in all the years that I have visited there, I don't feel like it this year.

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: Pleasurewood Hills : Log Flume by charliexjx charliexjx Profile at 2/20/09 11:37:46 AM

Seems odd to take it down and put it in the car park, just to spruce it up?

But oh well, it looked horrible in yellow anyway.

I always dream of one day owning my own theme park, and Pleasurewood HIlls would be my ideal theme park to own, it means alot to me, I live locally and visit more than a few times each year, but like above, I really dont feel the need to visit again this year.

And if I was in charge right now, I would look at getting one of them Rapids rides that LWV are getting, and putting that opposite Wipeout, behind the parrot building, and I'd also look at getting the Whirlwind spinning coaster from Camelot, that would be a perfect addition to the park, and so would the rapids.

Oh, incase your interested, I would place the Whirlwind coaster where the Waveswiner currently sits. :D

Adding them 2 rides would make PWH so much more appealing IMO, and they wouldn't cost much either.

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: Pleasurewood Hills : Log Flume by khanage at 3/10/09 12:20:32 PM

> Was it at another park before PWH?

I think it was at LWV before Pleasurewood.

I too am a little disappointed that a new ride won't be installed this year but hopefully that means 2010 will see something new at the park. As for the retheme, hopefully it will be quite a substantial one rather than another paint job! Although anything is better than the yellow paint and the awful name that it currently has!