Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Pleasure Beach, Blackpool - Roller Coaster ad other concerns

Pleasure Beach, Blackpool - Roller Coaster ad other concerns

britcitchris britcitchris Profile

Posted:
1/9/09 at
5:52:20 PM

Views: 1342

Amongst the woefully long SBNO list for the 2009 season at PBB is Roller Coaster. A real gem of a coaster and when I found out that it was SBNO for the next season I was gutted and feared the worst. However, I read today on a forum for PBB that it was seen being tested, today. I wish they would sort themselves out. Make a decision and stick by it. It's open or it's not. To tease the fans like this is torture!

This current confusion only confirms to me that things are in a terrible mess at PBB. Nothing there seems certain (just looks at the SBNO list for 2009) and recent policies have upset devouted fans, like myself. I am seriously worried about the park that has my most precious memories. I just hope things sort themselves out soon, as I do wonder how long the park will be in business for. No one is safe - who forsaw the Woolworths end? Worrying times indeed.

Chris.

Re: Pleasure Beach, Blackpool - Roller Coaster ad other conc by d_n_s_u at 1/13/09 1:55:28 PM

Here's a concern:

The website BPB Guide had its detractors but one thing is for sure the guy behind it put his heart and soul into it.

Today, 13/1/09, Lea brought it to an end.

Why?

Well you may have to ask PBB that.

PBB: The park, that in my opinion is in the process of eating itself.

BPB Guide

Re: Pleasure Beach, Blackpool - Roller Coaster ad other conc by britcitchris britcitchris Profile at 1/13/09 4:02:07 PM

It's unbelievable. Just how much more can the PB keep eroding my joy for the park? Not much longer, I can tell you. The ........s.

At least Lea is still going to do a similar thing and I wish him the best.

Chris.

Re: Pleasure Beach, Blackpool - Roller Coaster ad other conc by Graeme Graeme Profile at 1/14/09 11:59:11 AM

To me, the writing was on the wall when they destroyed Pleasureland and the Cyclone so suddenly. It spoke volumes about the utter contempt they must feel towards anyone who enjoyed the rides.

What a contrast this is to the first half of the decade, when we'd all wonder what Geoffrey Thompson was dreaming up. I'd go up there excited by the idea that I might glimpse him walking about the park.

Re: Pleasure Beach, Blackpool - Roller Coaster ad other conc by d_n_s_u at 1/14/09 3:23:18 PM

"..On a day when business minister Baroness Vadera claimed she could see "a few green shoots" of recovery in the economic crisis, the current spate of job losses has finally hit the amusement park industry with the announcement that jobs are to go at Pleasure Beach Blackpool. A Pleasure Beach spokesperson told the Blackpool Gazette today: "In the present economic climate, it is essential the business operates in the most efficient way to meet the needs of our customers. Sadly there may be some job losses, but the consultation process will hopefully identify opportunities for some staff to transfer to other positions within the business."

Joyland Books

Joyland Books

Re: Pleasure Beach, Blackpool - Roller Coaster ad other conc by britcitchris britcitchris Profile at 1/16/09 3:58:23 PM

Aye, it's the job losses from the closed show and attractions for 2009...Sad times for the park.

Chris.