Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Happy New Years!

Happy New Years!

Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile

Posted:
1/1/09 at
12:19:28 PM

Views: 667

Just wishing everyone on here a Happy New Years!

Re: Happy New Years! by britcitchris britcitchris Profile at 1/3/09 4:50:40 PM

Happy New Year, Tim! May it be a prosperous one!

Chris.

Re: Happy New Years! by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 1/4/09 1:16:44 AM

Thank you, Chris! It seems to have started off decent so far, but like I say, if I'm waking up in the morning, then I did something right.

Re: Happy New Years! by deeve at 1/4/09 1:19:26 PM

happy new year everyone. Just think this time next year sw6 will be on its way to completion and we will have all rode Saw the ride.

Re: Happy New Years! by Graeme Graeme Profile at 1/4/09 1:57:54 PM

> Thank you, Chris! It seems to have started off decent so
> far, but like I say, if I'm waking up in the morning, then
> I did something right.

This is what I think. I've had a fantastic few days.

On New Years Day, I went to feed the ducks, who went crazy, pecking at my trousers for bread like I was some sort of hi-tech birdfeeder!

When I got in I watched the Doctor Who concert at the Royal Albert Hall and then watched Three Men in More Than One Boat, which made me fancy a nice pint of Adnams Broadside!

The next day I fed the ducks again, then had a Full English Breakfast for tea (or, as I call it, a "Gut Buster"). I sat there eating it thinking I couldn't be happier. As long as you have your health, family, a roof over your head, food and warmth, what more could you want?

So, here's to the health and prosperity of Eric and everyone at URC! Happy New Year!

Re: Happy New Years! by d_n_s_u at 1/4/09 2:43:42 PM

All the very best from me too!

Hey Graeme, if are you up to putting together The Clacton Chronicles (or any other in the 'Chronicles' series) some time in 2009 just let me know. the themagiceye at Joyland would be interested :-)

Gary

themagiceye at Joyland

Re: Happy New Years! by Graeme Graeme Profile at 1/4/09 3:10:20 PM

> Hey Graeme, if are you up to putting together The Clacton
> Chronicles (or any other in the 'Chronicles' series) some
> time in 2009 just let me know. the themagiceye at Joyland
> would be interested :-)

I learnt a LOT about Clacton last year, thanks to "dirk the daring" on Joyland Books, so I'll let you know when my batteries are charged, Gary! :)

Re: Happy New Years! by d_n_s_u at 1/4/09 3:22:48 PM

> ..I learnt a LOT about Clacton last year, thanks to
> "dirk the daring" on Joyland Books..

LOL!! :-)

I know this to be true Graeme but only on a coaster message board can you get to read classic, surreal lines like this.

:-)

All the very best to all the very best

themagiceye at Joyland

Re: Happy New Years! by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 1/4/09 10:18:28 PM

Haha, when I hear Gutbuster, I'm thinking of the wrestling move...sad I know. As for feeding ducks, I haven't done that since I was in Toronto back in '86(I've been to TO since).