Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Grona Lund Question

Grona Lund Question

Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile

Posted:
12/9/08 at
1:48:24 PM

Views: 2062

I know this is a bit premature, seeing as they're installing Insane as we speak, but is there any plans for wood in their future? I know Lisberg were able to shoehorn Balder in, so could they do the same there?

Thanks.

Timmeh.

Re: Grona Lund Question by TrickTrack TrickTrack Profile at 12/10/08 2:22:42 AM

I´d say it is highly unlikely.
Remember how they decided to build "Vilda Musen" inside and over the structure of "Jetline".

Years ago I translated the article from "coasters and more" which appears to be offline now. Here is the original which described the complicated and expensive process of getting the ride in.
http://www.coastersandmore.de/rides/vildamusen/vildamusenmain.shtml

Space saving might have been only one aspect for this decision but look how they had to customize the supports for "Kvasten" only to get in a 400m suspended coaster (and I don´t know which attraction had to leave for this).

If you take a look at the aerial image at google maps you see how tiny the park really is. As long as they don´t get a new plot of land I guess a woody would be not the best decision for the park and the guests.

StellaVista

Re: Grona Lund Question by hatt at 12/10/08 7:48:03 AM

Some years ago, as far as I know, Grona Lund bought the parking space right next to the entrance, so at least there could be some space for a woodie...But I guess it will still take some time before they'd build anything there.

Re: Grona Lund Question by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 12/12/08 10:50:29 AM

Tricky, good sir, thanks for the link. It was definitely a good read/insight. I also think that Insane will be a great installation, in regards to how little room it takes.

Re: Grona Lund Question by TrickTrack TrickTrack Profile at 12/15/08 3:03:05 PM

Funny that this came up a few days ago. Look what´s currently planned for the expansion hatt was talking about.
http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=48129

StellaVista

Re: Grona Lund Expansion B&M Inverter Planned by the_winged_beast the_winged_beast Profile at 12/15/08 3:10:11 PM

As if by magic Gröna Lund have announced their medium term expansion plans, link to the article in this swedish newspaper

Photobucket
*Image from dn.se

The new area will include a B&M inverted coaster and star flyer, expected to open 2010-2013 subject to the park obtaining building permits

As Hatt pointed out, the expansion will be built in what is currently the car park across the road from the park, a new bridge will be built to connect to the existing park

Looks like a potentially great extension to the park, fingers crossed it gets the green light to go ahead

HighExtreme

Re: Grona Lund Expansion B&M Inverter Planned by Graeme Graeme Profile at 12/15/08 3:57:46 PM

> The new area will include a B&M inverted coaster and star
> flyer, expected to open 2010-2013 subject to the park
> obtaining building permits

Flippin' heck, a B&M inverted coaster!!!

It looks rather like Talon, don't you think?