Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Problems With the ECC Mailing List

Problems With the ECC Mailing List

Graeme Graeme Profile

Posted:
11/29/08 at
10:11:33 AM

Views: 2626

I subscribe to the digest, but have not been receiving any messages from it for almost the whole of November.

Naturally, the logical thing to do was to contact the ECC (specifically the person in charge of the mailing list). Despite one reply, this has not resolved the issue. He thought it might be Hotmail's spam filter, which sounds fairly likely, but I don't know how to mark the List as "Safe" without receiving it. Plus, I do still get spam, which goes to my Junk Mail.

My next idea was to resubscribe to the List, which I did yesterday, but have still not been sent an activation email. Hopefully this is just because it's the weekend.

Is anyone else having problems?

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: Problems With the ECC Mailing List by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 11/30/08 10:15:03 AM

Graeme, this might help too, try signing up for Yahoo. I know the issues you've had with Hotmail, and you won't get this crap with Yahoo. Just a thought.

Re: Problems With the ECC Mailing List by Eric_Gieszl Eric_Gieszl Profile at 11/30/08 7:59:50 PM

Both Yahoo and Hotmail have really locked down their servers for incoming mail. The ECC probably does not use domain keys or SPF records, which in that case would cause their mass e-mails to be blocked from these domains.

Re: Problems With the ECC Mailing List by Graeme Graeme Profile at 12/2/08 9:10:25 AM

Thank you, Eric and Tim. It's nice to know there are good reasons for this.

Re: Problems With the ECC Mailing List by Graeme Graeme Profile at 12/12/08 10:42:17 AM

Well, it's sorted itself out now. It lasted for almost exactly one month. How odd...

Re: Problems With the ECC Mailing List by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 12/12/08 10:56:03 AM

Grazza, were there any other members who had this same issue? Glad to see things got all sorted out.

Re: Problems With the ECC Mailing List by Graeme Graeme Profile at 12/12/08 10:59:23 AM

> Grazza, were there any other members who had this same
> issue? Glad to see things got all sorted out.

Yes, I know of one person who had the same problem.

Re: Problems With the ECC Mailing List by Graeme Graeme Profile at 8/13/09 10:15:06 AM

I've just realised, I haven't received the ECC List for about three weeks. I reckon I've had another month-long ban!