Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Roller Coaster Floated its Last Passengers?

Roller Coaster Floated its Last Passengers?

Graeme Graeme Profile

Posted:
11/3/08 at
2:04:08 PM

Views: 971

The rumours are going round the message boards that Roller Coaster at Blackpool Pleasure Beach has closed for good. It would be a great shame to lose BPB's smoothest woodie, with those fantastic hills - 4, 5 and 7 - the best floating I've experienced on a woodie.

Re: Roller Coaster Floated its Last Passengers? by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 11/3/08 8:07:42 PM

Things have been real bad here of late in my household, and this is just terrible! As it was pointed out on UK Rides, there's dead space they could be utilized for their Beaver Creek expansion...I'm downright furious...

Re: Roller Coaster Floated its Last Passengers? by d_n_s_u at 11/4/08 1:05:20 PM

Graeme, we may have to add Noah's Ark and Space Invader to the list that is The Rollercoaster if..and I repeat the word if the two emails posted to themagiceye recently are true.

I've decided to file these emails under Tru-mours.

Gary

Re: Roller Coaster Floated its Last Passengers? by Graeme Graeme Profile at 11/13/08 12:26:05 PM

The link says that Rollercoaster, Avalanche and Space Invader 2 will all be removed. Of course, it may be completely false, but if true, this surely marks the start of the park crumbling to bits. Looks like they're doing in in phases. I wouldn't be surprised if Big Dipper is part of Phase 2.

Wiki

Re: Roller Coaster Floated its Last Passengers? by britcitchris britcitchris Profile at 11/14/08 3:38:28 AM

This can't be right. Please, this can't be right at all. Velvet Coaster/Roller Coaster - closed for good. just rumours right? Yeah, just rumours. (Deep breaths now, deep breaths.)

Re: Roller Coaster Floated its Last Passengers? by Graeme Graeme Profile at 11/14/08 10:17:30 AM

Apparently, it is just a hoax, Chris (after all, Revolution is nearer to Rollercoaster and Space Invader, yet is not mentioned), but we'll see...

Re: Roller Coaster Floated its Last Passengers? by britcitchris britcitchris Profile at 11/14/08 5:49:38 PM

I was getting very comcerned there for a moment, you know. They only put on one of the Dipper trains, this season so it would of have been quite an effort to waste if they had closed at the season's end.

Still, there is plenty of speculation about closing rides down at PBB....Space Invader closed a good couple of months ago due to 'maintenance costs'. Space Invader could logically be next and Roller Coaster passes right next to it or maybe even through a small section of it....My memory is a bit hazy....

Chris.

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: Roller Coaster Floated its Last Passengers? by d_n_s_u at 11/15/08 3:47:31 AM

I think we can expect a bit of downsizing of the Ark at sometime to make way for more entrance space.

Ironic really..I'm not sure where all these extra visitors are going to come from..

Re: Roller Coaster Floated its Last Passengers? by Graeme Graeme Profile at 11/15/08 9:15:55 AM

> Still, there is plenty of speculation about closing rides
> down at PBB....Space Invader closed a good couple of months
> ago due to 'maintenance costs'. Space Invader could
> logically be next and Roller Coaster passes right next to
> it or maybe even through a small section of it....My memory
> is a bit hazy....

That's the thing, most of these rumours seem grounded in reality. By the way, Zipper Dipper is the one that goes through (underneath?) Space Invader, and very dark that turn is too!

Re: Roller Coaster Floated its Last Passengers? by d_n_s_u at 11/15/08 3:30:23 PM

I have always stated that I love rumours..not starting them of course just reading them.

They can be funny or downright hilarious.

However, this RC trumour just isn't going away..

> Ironic really..I'm not sure where all these extra visitors
> are going to come from..

Maybe the Ark should be made bigger and the park entrance made smaller?

:-)

Gary (Still BPB crazy after all these years)