Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > DLP: Out and Back / 1 of 6

DLP: Out and Back / 1 of 6

d_n_s_u

Posted:
11/3/08 at
1:48:07 PM

Views: 605

I'm not your average Disney thrill seeker.

I don't think so anyway.

I've been 8 times to DLP since it opened and don't consider myself to be an expert on the park either - Whatever expert means anyway.

I just like the park's attention to detail..and boy is there attention to detail.

I often wonder if Paris' take on the magical wonderland is something the guy who was born 107 years ago in Chicago USA would have been proud of.

You know, I think it is.

Why Paris though?

Brits LOVE disney and speak the same language. The UK would have been ideal

..No skip that..Disney's work transcends all languages and the climate isn't akin to Cal or Flo anyway.

What about Spain?..Now there's a climate to match.

Or what about Germany..? They could have pulled it off with wonderful efficiency.

I think it all came down to the availability of the land..those available sugarbeet fields could be bought for cheap and there's always the story I like:

Walt's ancestory was French. Insigney - sur - mer (Insigney on sea) is a coastal village in Normandy where Hughes d'Isigny settled after the Norman Conquest of England in 1066.

Fast Forward to now..well, two weeks ago.

Our flight left Manchester at 0640hrs.

I like airports early in the morning when flying off on holiday.

Sometimes you get to sit on a plastic chair looking out onto the runways and watch the night turn into morning and people watching is great at these times.

Who on earth would pay UK prices of £12 for a cooked breakfast complete with a pint of beer at those times?

Noone surely?

Skip that...Some people did.

Can you believe that?

Flight was about 70 mins and France was one hour ahead of us.

Charles de Gaulle airport was a nightmare the last time (last year) we landed. Spent ages looking for the Disney busstop back then.

Not this time.

We were going by train to DLP from the airport.

10 mins on a train beats 60 mins on a bus that we weren't certain of getting on anyway.

Yes it cost a bit more but is was so worth it.

And when we arrived at DLP..we were met by three young guys decked out in army uniforms holding guns.

I kid you not.

Unnerving.

Strange.

Re: DLP: Out and Back / 1 of 6 by Graeme Graeme Profile at 11/3/08 1:58:40 PM

> Who on earth would pay UK prices of £12 for a cooked
> breakfast complete with a pint of beer at those times?

I'm not sure whether I'm more shocked at the price, or people having beer for breakfast!

> And when we arrived at DLP..we were met by three young guys
> decked out in army uniforms holding guns.

Oo-er.

I must admit, I would love to have had Disneyland in the UK, although not as much as a Busch, Six Flags or Warner Bros with its big floorless.

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: DLP: Out and Back / 1 of 6 by TrickTrack TrickTrack Profile at 11/3/08 2:06:43 PM

Beer for breakfast is pretty common in Bavaria. But that is not on trial here.
Looking forward to pt. 2-6!

StellaVista