Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Prosthetic Leg Found At Alton Towers

Prosthetic Leg Found At Alton Towers

CFObsessed CFObsessed Profile

Posted:
10/31/08 at
8:08:48 PM

Views: 834

Oct. 31st, 2008 --
Alton Tower’s Vekoma-built Corkscrew is being removed after 28 years of operation. Cleanup by staff has already begun and some odd items have been found, yet again at the English park.

A prosthetic leg, a diamond-studded wedding ring as well as 12 crosses were found on the site. It is not clear if the leg became detached during the ride or was simply left behind by a forgetful rider.

Strangely enough the leg is not the first prosthetic left behind on the Corkscrew – a prosthetic ear was found in the past as well. Other items found on the roller coaster site during its history have included 800 pieces of jewelry, 53 shoes, 604 watches, 237 cell phones, 10 pieces of underwear and thousands of caps.

Russell Barnes, Divisional Director at Alton Towers, said: "As the Corkscrew is the oldest roller coaster in the Park, we were expecting to find some strange items when we started clearing the Corkscrew area but a prosthetic leg definitely tops the list as the most bizarre. If anyone has any information on the missing leg, we would be keen to hear from them."

The Corkscrew was Europe’s first double-corkscrew coaster when it opened in April 1980 and has carried more than 43 million riders. Corkscrew makes its last runs on November 9.

TAKEN FROM THRILL NETWORK

Re: Prosthetic Leg Found At Alton Towers by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 10/31/08 10:48:05 PM

This is old news, or to me anyway. I wonder if they would be tying this in with the new possible ride. How amazing would that be?

Re: Prosthetic Leg Found At Alton Towers by TrickTrack TrickTrack Profile at 11/1/08 5:43:20 AM

Well, if this whole story is true (doubt it) I would be shocked that AT are such sluts! Never checking the inside of the ride in 28 years?

Which brings me to the mistake in the final paragraph. Corkscrew was clearly not EUROPE´s first double corkscrew. "Traumlandpark" and "Holiday Park" in Germany both opened the same ride in 1979.

StellaVista

Re: Prosthetic Leg Found At Alton Towers by Graeme Graeme Profile at 11/1/08 10:25:16 AM

> This is old news, or to me anyway. I wonder if they would
> be tying this in with the new possible ride. How amazing
> would that be?

They might actually call it Legless.

Re: Prosthetic Leg Found At Alton Towers by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 11/1/08 2:54:54 PM

Grazza, it could be a floorless? ;)

Re: Prosthetic Leg Found At Alton Towers by Graeme Graeme Profile at 11/1/08 7:05:01 PM

> Grazza, it could be a floorless? ;)

Then I'll be conscious less (I'll have passed out).

Re: Prosthetic Leg Found At Alton Towers by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 11/3/08 1:06:41 AM

> Grazza, it could be a floorless? ;)

> Then I'll be conscious less (I'll have passed out).

And after you realised how massive it is, you'll try and be gutless and wuss out. LOL!

Re: Prosthetic Leg Found At Alton Towers by Graeme Graeme Profile at 11/3/08 9:22:23 AM

> And after you realised how massive it is, you'll try and be
> gutless and wuss out. LOL!

Tim, you are witless! ;)

Re: Prosthetic Leg Found At Alton Towers by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 11/3/08 8:05:42 PM

> And after you realised how massive it is, you'll try and be
> gutless and wuss out. LOL!

> Tim, you are witless! ;)

I thought it was witty, unless there's objections. :P