Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > This Forum May Close

This Forum May Close

egieszl egieszl Profile

Posted:
12/7/99 at
3:54:43 PM

Views: 283

Due to the lack of interest. I may decide to close this forum and instead incorporate the Europe discussion into the General Discussion forum, which is open to all topics.

If you have any ideas on how to promote this forum to increase the usage, then please e-mail me or respond to this message. I am really unsure if there is a need for this forum based on the participation.

eric@ultimaterollercoaster.com

Eric Gieszl Webmaster

Re: This Forum May Close by Cal at 12/9/99 5:01:05 AM

: Due to the lack of interest. I may decide to
: close this forum and instead incorporate the
: Europe discussion into the General
: Discussion forum, which is open to all
: topics. If you have any ideas on how to
: promote this forum to increase the usage,
: then please e-mail me or respond to this
: message. I am really unsure if there is a
: need for this forum based on the
: participation.
: eric@ultimaterollercoaster.com Eric Gieszl
: Webmaster

You're probably right. I did point my UK coaster friends towards this site, but we already have our own private mailing list so not many people have posted here. There's also a message board on the RCCGB site. I reckon we're better off integrating this board with the regular one.

Cal

Just a note. by Chip Wood at 12/9/99 6:28:50 AM

You're probably right. I did point my UK coaster
: friends towards this site, but we already
: have our own private mailing list so not
: many people have posted here. There's also a
: message board on the RCCGB site. I reckon
: we're better off integrating this board with
: the regular one. Cal

I may be fortunate enough to make a trip over to 'jolly ole England' myself come late spring of next year. I'll be d&mned if I don;t hit Alton Towers and was actually going to pose a few questions on the general discussion board before I even realised this one existed. I get the feeling that those questions would probably be better responded to in the general discussion area (just because of visitation) rather than this one though.

We use a very similar set of forums at the site I contribute to for the Browns and have roughly 6-8 boards that change all the time for discussion keeping about four of them for a nice continual flow of constant discussion. The others we use on the heels of big news (eg. ticket exchange in season, Free Browns Stadium, such and such) to promote discussion of recently evolving issues.

Once those issues lose their luster, it simply free up the title of the board to take on the next issue. Maybe something along the lines of a historical message board would be good (as we're about to do something like it within our forums) as an addition.

So, we've found that having a few 'constant' forums mixed with some that revolve around big topics not only generates a lot of visitation for the every day type of news, reviews, and commentary- but that on occasions, even the revolving boards contribute to some of the content we release on our regular page. It also helps to track interest in various topics that one may not think to be very popular to discuss but have a surprising shelf-life.

Maybe a new forum entitled:

"West coasters vs. East coasters- which ones are best?"

... could 'stir the pot' while keeping the sometimes arduous discussion of such comparisons off the general board. You'd get hits as well as free the general board from being bogged down by statements like:

"Magnum sucks man- that's what I heard."

and the like.

Whatever ya do- best of luck!

Chip...

BTNG: A Virtual Community For Browns Fans Around The World

Re: Just a note. by Eric_Gieszl Eric_Gieszl Profile at 12/9/99 6:44:59 PM

I am going to give this forum some more time to develop a following. It is the off season and I realized that it has only been here for a couple of months since this forum began. If I killed the Ultimate Rollercoaster message board after only a couple of months after it began back in May 1997 then where would we be today.

Eric

Re: Just a note. by Cal at 12/10/99 6:03:12 AM

: I am going to give this forum some more time to
: develop a following. It is the off season
: and I realized that it has only been here
: for a couple of months since this forum
: began. If I killed the Ultimate
: Rollercoaster message board after only a
: couple of months after it began back in May
: 1997 then where would we be today. Eric

That's a good point!

Cal