Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > New Roller Coaster For Europa Park!

New Roller Coaster For Europa Park!

CFObsessed CFObsessed Profile

Posted:
10/24/08 at
7:52:59 PM

Views: 8649

The German Europa-Park has announced its first inverted coaster.The coaster is due to appear in 2009.The roller coaster was custom-designed and manufactured by Mack Rides GmbH & Co. KG, Waldkirch/Germany.

Statistics:

Launch:LSM Launch
Acceleration:0-62.1 m.p.h. in 2.5 seconds
People Per Train:20 riders
Number of Trains:5 trains
Maximum Height:124 ft.
Course Length:3,464 ft.

Fun Facts:

*The 105 ft. vertical loop is the largest in Europe.

*The attraction is being built in the Scandinavian area of the park.

Photo:

Taken From My Blog:Amusement Park Madness

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: New Roller Coaster For Europa Park! by TrickTrack TrickTrack Profile at 10/25/08 4:28:19 AM

I am not 100% sure, but it says that the loop is "the tallest in Europe on a launch coaster". I think that the loop on Superman/Madrid is actually higher.

StellaVista

Re: New Roller Coaster For Europa Park! by CFObsessed CFObsessed Profile at 10/25/08 8:17:07 AM

You might be right. ;)

Re: New Roller Coaster For Europa Park! by Graeme Graeme Profile at 10/25/08 9:32:21 AM

That's a nice big loop. I think it's approximately the same size as Kumba's (which, of course, was the first of B&M's giant loopers).

Re: New Roller Coaster For Europa Park! by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 10/27/08 1:28:54 PM

Grazza, Kumba's loop is 114 ft. My source, of course, is rcdb. I'm really get psyched about this coaster too... hope it's a hit with Europa.

Re: New Roller Coaster For Europa Park! by CFObsessed CFObsessed Profile at 10/27/08 8:59:24 PM

I hope so too.I've never been there,but I would love to go sometime.

Re: Blue Fire Trains by the_winged_beast the_winged_beast Profile at 11/23/08 8:29:01 AM

Photobucket

Check out the renderings of the trains, taken form the new Mack Rides catalogue

The trains can accommodate riders aged over 10 years and a height of 1.40meters, and can have build in audio speakers (not sure if this feature will be used on Blue Fire)

We now know the coaster will be called Blue Fire and be set in a new Iceland themed section of the park, I'm impressed the park managed to re-route a neighbouring road to fit this coaster in

a tunnel will also be dug underneath the rapids ride and a maintenance service road to allow guests to enter the new area from the Scandinavian section of the park

The ride will start with a dark ride section before the coaster park, this could be the most impressive new coaster of 2009

Construction photos including a fantastic panorama are available on EP Fans

Re: New Roller Coaster For Europa Park! by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 11/23/08 1:03:53 PM

Stu, thanks for the info, and I have to say, I like them restraints, although one would think they would have a seatbelt lock like B&M use, as well as Intamin and Vekoma for their inverts.

Re: New Roller Coaster For Europa Park! by Graeme Graeme Profile at 12/2/08 9:08:31 AM

It's a very extreme coaster, isn't it? Surely the wildest Mack have ever built? Unless I'm mistaken, this is their first launched coaster and their first coaster with inversions - and look at it!!!

Re: New Roller Coaster For Europa Park! by TrickTrack TrickTrack Profile at 12/3/08 11:13:46 AM

Well, it is their first launch and inversion coaster, but I wouldn´t bet on it being their wildest and most extreme coaster. You have to ride EuroSat and EuroMir to appreciate the madness of Mack. That´s why I found their stance against an inversion coaster (even Silverstar was a controverse subject with the park management as they thought it would be too extreme as a family ride) so ridiculous.

Anyway, that inline roll looks very, very tight. I hope they know what they are doing.

* This Post Has Been Modified *

StellaVista

Re: New Roller Coaster For Europa Park! by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 12/4/08 10:55:18 AM

Tricky, Mack have to remember too that Disney parks have coasters with inversions too, AND the families can ride them.

Re: New Roller Coaster For Europa Park! by Graeme Graeme Profile at 12/15/08 4:12:05 PM

> Well, it is their first launch and inversion coaster, but I
> wouldn´t bet on it being their wildest and most extreme
> coaster. You have to ride EuroSat and EuroMir to appreciate
> the madness of Mack. That´s why I found their stance
> against an inversion coaster (even Silverstar was a
> controverse subject with the park management as they
> thought it would be too extreme as a family ride) so
> ridiculous.

Good point. Just because it has loops, it doesn't mean it's wilder than their other rides. I still say the Black Hole at Alton Towers is the scariest thing I've been on.

Re: New Roller Coaster For Europa Park! by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 12/15/08 8:41:02 PM

Grazza, the only dif is the Europa coaster isn't in the dark like Black Hole was...oh this reminds me of that Summer Spectacular where I zinged you on your 'love of dark coasters.' lol!

Re: New Roller Coaster For Europa Park! by Graeme Graeme Profile at 12/16/08 10:03:40 AM

> Grazza, the only dif is the Europa coaster isn't in the
> dark like Black Hole was...oh this reminds me of that
> Summer Spectacular where I zinged you on your 'love of dark
> coasters.' lol!

EuroSat is though, which is why I mentioned it. TrickTrack was saying this new coaster won't necessarily be any more extreme than EuroSat (or EuroMir).

And yes, "When I'm Riding Coasters" is one of my favourite songs, although I left out a couple of the ruder bits!

Re: New Roller Coaster For Europa Park! by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 12/16/08 12:41:15 PM

> Grazza, the only dif is the Europa coaster isn't in the
> dark like Black Hole was...oh this reminds me of that
> Summer Spectacular where I zinged you on your 'love of dark
> coasters.' lol!

> EuroSat is though, which is why I mentioned it. TrickTrack
> was saying this new coaster won't necessarily be any more
> extreme than EuroSat (or EuroMir).

I don't think Euro Sat is extreme. I've been nothing but fascinated with it, and even have a few knock offs made in RCT3.

> And yes, "When I'm Riding Coasters" is one of my
> favourite songs, although I left out a couple of the ruder
> bits!

Well of course...you're not me. :P

Re: New Roller Coaster For Europa Park! by TrickTrack TrickTrack Profile at 12/17/08 4:21:48 AM

If you consider the strong Gs, the constant changes of direction, the lack of perfect, CAD bent track, a brake-run that is the equivalent of crashing head on against a wall and all of this in the dark, then yes... EuroSat is a pretty extreme coaster for a family ride.

The same with Euro Mir: If you happen to sit backwards during the last third of the ride (something you can´t chose before) you will experience a ride that far exceeds anything that happens on SilverStar (except the height).

StellaVista

Re: New Roller Coaster For Europa Park! by the_winged_beast the_winged_beast Profile at 12/17/08 4:48:36 AM

> If you consider the strong Gs, the constant changes of
> direction, the lack of perfect, CAD bent track, a brake-run
> that is the equivalent of crashing head on against a wall
> and all of this in the dark, then yes... EuroSat is a
> pretty extreme coaster for a family ride.

> The same with Euro Mir: If you happen to sit backwards
> during the last third of the ride (something you can´t
> chose before) you will experience a ride that far exceeds
> anything that happens on SilverStar (except the height).

Haha nicely put Trick, i agree EuroSat is a very rough ride, the changes of direction are very violent as are the final brakes, which took us by surprise on our first ride, Jai's camera which was secured was projected forwards smashing into the front of the car!

Also the spiral lifts (which are very long) can be quiet nauseating especially on re-rides, Adz & myself caught the last train on Eurosat on our last visit, we were treated to 3 simultaneous rides i was feeling greener than the lasers inside by the end :P

I find Euro Mir and Euro Sat to be very changeable experiences, they can be either really fun or a bit uncomfortable depending on what mood their in when you ride

HighExtreme

Re: New Roller Coaster For Europa Park! by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 12/17/08 10:11:57 AM

Euro Sat looked incredibly smooth on footage I have from YouTube. Now does Spatial Experience at Nigloland have the same issue?

Re: New Roller Coaster For Europa Park! by TrickTrack TrickTrack Profile at 12/17/08 11:24:00 AM

Well, on that lights-on clip on youtube the ride looks like a kiddie coaster. The madness starts after the second block brake (which never slowed the train down one bit when I rode it) by then the speed gets higher and the curves get smaller. Of course it helps that it is dark inside and the meteors and the neon tunnel just add to the sensation of speed.

StellaVista

Re: New Roller Coaster For Europa Park! by TrickTrack TrickTrack Profile at 4/1/09 2:21:40 PM

Blue Fire (apparently this will now really be the final name) had its media day today.

Here is the first POV:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNMBQssRTzU

StellaVista

Re: Blue Fire by the_winged_beast the_winged_beast Profile at 4/12/09 8:19:45 AM

Photobucket

Blue Fire is incredible it could well be my favourite coaster

It was hard to imagine Mack's first looping coaster alone, never mind launched coaster, this is one enormous beast of a prototype

I had faith though as Mack are very proud of Europa Park i doubt they'd of risked anything that wouldn't of been a success

Photobucket

After the hotel guest ERT the crowd gathered at the Atlantica gates ready to be let into the main park, from there the stampede progressed to the entrance of BlueFire a few test launches and roll backs later they opened the entrance, the crowd poured forwards into the queue line although quite polite for a riot there was no pushing or shoving or running the rabble progressed forwards at a gentle pace

Photobucket

We decided to take the front seat queue for our first ride at this point 2 trains were running with only 1 loading, after 40mins we were pulling down the over the shoulder lap bar restraints i'd like to call these a Mack Moustache bar

The handgrips read and display your pulse rate on the strange lapbar attachment thing and naturally a rider cam is mounted but not yet operational, speakers behind the seats inject a techno soundtrack to the adventure

Photobucket

from the station the trains are dispatched into a rumbling smoke filled themed scene, with doors opening seconds before the launch . . .

. . . Blue Fire - 1 // Furis Baco - 0 . . .

While the launch isn't as dramatic or brutal compared to the Intamin/S&S its an exhilarating wooosh into the chunky twisted spaghetti tangle

the elements are seriously twisted although the mack moustache bar does well to keep you in your seat without the neck jarring knocks that spoil the intamin accelerators

Photobucket

I love Blue Fire it's a fantastic addition that makes a very special place that extra bit special

Re: Blue Fire by Graeme Graeme Profile at 4/15/09 12:03:08 PM

> Blue Fire is incredible it could well be my favourite
> coaster

Praise indeed!

> While the launch isn't as dramatic or brutal compared to
> the Intamin/S&S its an exhilarating wooosh into the chunky
> twisted spaghetti tangle

This is what I like to hear. I'm impressed with what Gerstlauer (and now Mack) are doing with their launched coasters. It seems to me, by going back to LSM, there is a subtle move towards less intense launches. From what I've heard, perhaps the hydraulic launches were a bit too much.

> the elements are seriously twisted although the mack
> moustache bar
does well to keep you in your seat
> without the neck jarring knocks that spoil the intamin
> accelerators

Very good news. I can't quite tell from the pics - I can see the side bars, but is the "vest" bit similar to Air's?

Thanks for keeping us up to date, Stu. I really appreciate it.

Re: New Roller Coaster For Europa Park! by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 4/15/09 3:39:56 PM

Hahah, Mack Moustache... I have to say the pulse reader is different, at least to me. Thenagain, I don't need to see my pulse while I'm waiting to launch. lol By the way Stu, wasn't there going to be a dark ride bit first before the initial launch?

Tim.

Montana Suiza

Re: New Roller Coaster For Europa Park! by Pepe at 7/31/09 6:39:19 PM

Telling from what i've read and seen: i want to ride that thing so bad!

Re: New Roller Coaster For Europa Park! by L33tC045t3r5 at 10/18/09 9:37:54 AM

Holy crap, that looks like a good time! Hopefully, It's better than wallibi world.