Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > GCI for Freizeitpark Plohn, Germany

GCI for Freizeitpark Plohn, Germany

Graeme Graeme Profile

Posted:
10/16/08 at
9:28:42 AM

Views: 3370

2009 will see Germany gets its 3rd (?) wooden coaster of the decade, and this is a very appealing one indeed. Unfortunately, the design is still easy to find online, but it looks very nice indeed - an out & back with low hills.

Re: GCI for Freizeitpark Plohn, Germany by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 10/16/08 1:49:54 PM

Wasn't this announced a few months back? I've seen the layout for a GCI coming to Germany, and not sure if it's this one, or the one you've just mentioned.

Re: GCI for Freizeitpark Plohn, Germany by hatt at 10/17/08 10:00:01 AM

themeparkreview.com has two layout pictures:
http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=45256&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

By the way: this coaster is co-financed by the European Union as the park is in a rather poor region of Germany...

Construction pictures

Re: GCI for Freizeitpark Plohn, Germany by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 10/17/08 10:34:30 AM

Yes, this is the coaster I saw a few months ago...look at those airtime hills...they're quite low.

Re: GCI for Freizeitpark Plohn, Germany by Graeme Graeme Profile at 10/17/08 10:50:13 AM

Thanks hatt.

> By the way: this coaster is co-financed by the European
> Union as the park is in a rather poor region of Germany...

Pleasurewood Hills, get on the phone!!!

New construction pictures by hatt at 10/23/08 1:45:16 PM

New construction pictures

Re: New construction pictures by Graeme Graeme Profile at 10/23/08 5:31:05 PM

I love GCI, I really do. They are the one company that is 100% in line with my way of thinking. They are the only company of which I'd love to ride every single one of their coasters.

Long live GCI! I salute them!

Re: GCI for Freizeitpark Plohn, Germany by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 10/24/08 11:59:25 AM

Graeme, I'm going to have to disagree...to an extent. When it comes to wood, I love plenty of ejector air, and from what I've read, GCI coasters don't seem to give, that said, Thunderhead is supposed to have unusual bits of air, which is wonderful.

One thing though with GCI that I love...their coasters are so gorgeous to look at...there's no steel frames, and there's a touch of class in how they're built.

Re: GCI for Freizeitpark Plohn, Germany by the_winged_beast the_winged_beast Profile at 11/29/08 10:50:18 AM

> By the way: this coaster is co-financed by the European
> Union as the park is in a rather poor region of Germany...

MilkyWay park in Devon had similar EU funding, as far as i know it was due to the decline of the traditional farming industry in the region

There's a photo update from 13th Novemeber on GCI Intern Blog that turn around looks fantastic, with the unusual layout and a couple of tunnels thrown in for good measure, i think this will be a cracking ride

Re: GCI for Freizeitpark Plohn, Germany by Graeme Graeme Profile at 12/2/08 9:13:29 AM

Ah, how I love GCI. Wooden coasters like this are a thing of joy, they really are. Let's hope there are a lot more.

Re: GCI for Freizeitpark Plohn, Germany by hatt at 3/20/09 7:53:23 AM

The ride is finished, the first reviews from the test runs are excellent. Looks like a very nice small woodie

P.S. The park had 250.000 visitors last season!

Latest pictures

Re: GCI for Freizeitpark Plohn, Germany by Graeme Graeme Profile at 3/20/09 1:21:36 PM

> The ride is finished, the first reviews from the test runs
> are excellent. Looks like a very nice small woodie

Thanks hatt, it looks lovely. I keep thinking "Now this is how you do a woodie". I notice the miniature railway and log flume go around/under it!

> P.S. The park had 250.000 visitors last season!

Let's hope this takes them to 500,000 visitors!

Re: GCI for Freizeitpark Plohn, Germany by the_winged_beast the_winged_beast Profile at 3/24/09 9:17:17 AM

Chris and Jeff from GCI take a ride on "the real" El Toro look out for the 4-in-a-row hare time moments

Re: GCI for Freizeitpark Plohn, Germany by Graeme Graeme Profile at 3/24/09 10:22:35 AM

> Chris and Jeff from GCI take a ride on "the
> real" El Toro look out for the 4-in-a-row hare time
> moments

Haha, I love a bit of good-natured cheek like that! I'm also glad GCI are now getting the respect they deserve. More power to them!

Nice pictures from Plohn by hatt at 4/21/09 4:06:08 PM

Pictures (and some german text)

Re: GCI for Freizeitpark Plohn, Germany by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 4/21/09 6:24:04 PM

The mini-El Toro is going to be downright insane when the season is about half way through, and everything's settling in fine.

Tim.

Re: Nice pictures from Plohn by Graeme Graeme Profile at 4/23/09 9:41:57 AM

A great article and gorgeous pics, as ever, from Coasters and More. I did a Google translation:

Coasters and More - El Toro (English)

Re: Nice pictures from Plohn by hatt at 4/25/09 2:33:58 PM

Just a small correction: it's a lifthill article, not a coastersandmore one ;-)

Pictures (and some german text)

Re: Nice pictures from Plohn by Graeme Graeme Profile at 4/26/09 9:16:41 AM

> Just a small correction: it's a lifthill article, not a
> coastersandmore one ;-)

A great article, as ever, by LiftHill.net ... ;)