Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Sea World Australia: Aqua Traxx

Sea World Australia: Aqua Traxx

hatt

Posted:
10/10/08 at
5:56:42 AM

Views: 1052

The australian Sea World is currently building the second Intamin Aquatraxx Coaster from Intamin complete with two launches and a lot of turns very close to the ground. The layout looks very interesting, though I dont understand why the last turn in the second section is the highest one?

Jetski Coaster

Re: Sea World Australia: Aqua Traxx by Graeme Graeme Profile at 10/10/08 10:43:37 AM

Very interesting that they are building another one. I must admit, I had forgotten about this type of ride. It seems this version will feature a full-length, double-width train.

I assume the high turn at the end is to slow it down so it puts less pressure on the brakes. Of course, this does mean the low turns before it will be very fast.

Re: Sea World Australia: Aqua Traxx by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 10/13/08 11:38:56 AM

I'm still waiting for one of these bad boys to make their way over here. Still Oz don't get that many new coasters, and this one's a must have for their collection.

Re: Sea World Australia: Aqua Traxx by DIGA at 10/19/08 12:49:55 PM

Instead of erecting an Aqua Trax (Intamin LSM coaster system with special single car design) Sea World will install an enhanced Motorbike coaster version with Jet Ski coaches (two seats per car, several cars are forming one train). Similar to Dreamworld's Motorbike launch Coaster, it will feature tyre driven hydraulic launch tracks.

Re: Sea World Australia: Aqua Traxx by Graeme Graeme Profile at 10/19/08 2:25:29 PM

Thank you, DIGA. I thought this when I saw the train in First Drop. It's actually a rocket coaster with jet ski seats, isn't it?

Re: Sea World Australia: Aqua Traxx by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 10/19/08 5:30:07 PM

Grazza, the Aqua Trax use the LSM, which I believe are the tire driven launch, but I could be wrong. I'm disappointed it's not going to be an Aqua Traxx, I want to see more of this design...it's a nice change from the usual water coasters.

Re: Sea World Australia: Aqua Traxx by Graeme Graeme Profile at 10/20/08 10:41:53 AM

> Grazza, the Aqua Trax use the LSM, which I believe are the
> tire driven launch, but I could be wrong.

LSM and LIM are electro-magnetic - nothing physically touches the train. I suppose LSMs could be made to spin tyres round, but I didn't think the Aqua Trax used tyres (I could be wrong too).

Re: Sea World Australia: Aqua Traxx by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 10/20/08 11:22:24 AM

You were right, Graz, it is LSM's.