Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Nightmare Niagara

Nightmare Niagara

Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile

Posted:
8/26/08 at
9:30:28 PM

Views: 1170

Greetings,

Just out of curiosity, where did Nightmare Niagara go after it was taken down? I think I read on here before it was scrapped, but I'm not entirely sure.

Re: Nightmare Niagara by Graeme Graeme Profile at 8/27/08 10:25:33 AM

I'm sure it was scrapped. I'd be very surprised if I found out it wasn't, put it that way.

PS - Did you see the massive, massive new splash ride for Holiday World? It made me think of Nightmare Niagara actually!

Re: Nightmare Niagara by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 8/27/08 3:51:14 PM

I did see it...I do believe I mentioned it too last night when I returned your email.

Re: Nightmare Niagara by hatt at 8/28/08 5:17:28 AM

I really hope they scrapped it. Best fitting name for a ride ever...

Re: Nightmare Niagara by Graeme Graeme Profile at 8/28/08 8:15:47 AM

> I really hope they scrapped it. Best fitting name for a
> ride ever...

What did you dislike about it?

Re: Nightmare Niagara by hatt at 8/28/08 9:05:51 AM

Well, someone of our group had a small accident with the ride, which was definitely not his fault. Could have been a good story to sell to the tabloids though...

Re: Nightmare Niagara by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 8/28/08 11:29:42 AM

Care to explain what happened Mr. Hatt?

By the way, was NN an Arrow flume?

Re: Nightmare Niagara by hatt at 9/15/08 11:40:42 AM

> Care to explain what happened Mr. Hatt?

Well, the problem is, that I would have never believed it reading this story on a message board. I'll try it anyways, even if I'll loose my URC reputation ;-)

It was some years ago, when we visited the park in a group of four coaster enthusiasts. As the park was very empty I took the first log on Nightmare Niagara by myself, two of my friends were sitting in the second and the fourth one (I guess Cal knows Tim;-)) had a boat for himself as well. Well, after the last drop I turned around to watch the second boat coming down the drop and then it happened: probably there was too much water in the splash zone so the boat braked so heavily that the one sitting in front was pushed out of the boat by the heavy forces. Luckily the channel seemed to be rather deep at this point so the boat ran over him without even touching him. It looked completely weird, when he suddenly showed up behind the boat in the channel. Everyone was completely shocked and it took us 5 minutes to realize how lucky we were that he wasnt hurt at all. We stood in the station, looked at the video sequence from the surveillance camera (the ride op hadn't noticed anything at all...) and started tp laugh about the images we saw on the little screen.

As I said, very difficult to describe and I would never believe it, if I wouldnt have seen it with my own eyes.

Re: Nightmare Niagara by Graeme Graeme Profile at 9/15/08 12:16:25 PM

My word!!!

Re: Nightmare Niagara by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 9/19/08 12:00:11 PM

Hatt, thanks for the explanation, sorry I didn't resond back to thank you for it. But that was nuts in regards to what happened.