Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Google Earth!

Google Earth!

Graeme Graeme Profile

Posted:
8/23/08 at
10:52:55 AM

Views: 829

I've just got Google Earth. It's amazing! The first time it took me from my house to Great Yarmouth is something I won't forget!

I don't really know how to use it yet, but has anyone on here set up any tours? I want to set up a tour that takes me around all the piers and seaside amusement parks!

Re: Google Earth! by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 8/25/08 1:17:44 PM

I'd like to help you Grazza, but I'm not that good at it. I onced looked for Kennywood though, that was sweet seeing Phantom was above.

Re: Google Earth! by Graeme Graeme Profile at 8/25/08 2:50:16 PM

I've been touring the UK, bookmarking Megafobia et al. The woodies look superb from above.

Alton Towers is from 2002 or 2003 (no Rita or even Spinball). Pleasureland, Southport is Summer 2006 or earlier, as the beautiful Cyclone is still there. Great Yarmouth is definitely Summer 2006, as my beloved Greek sand sculptures are visible! The Margate Scenic Railway is present too.

I've just realised, even when I'm offered a no-hassle, virtual trip of the world, I still keep to the UK! :P

Re: Google Earth! by Hurri Hurri Profile at 8/26/08 7:34:10 AM

Windows Live Local is better, they have the bird's eye view and stuff... Very good shots of Thorpe on there.

I'm just waiting for one of them to update Southend, cos as far as I know the latest shot of Adventure Island is on Google Local and was taken in November 06, you can see the footers for Rage.

Re: Google Earth! by Graeme Graeme Profile at 8/26/08 8:53:34 AM

> Windows Live Local is better, they have the bird's eye view
> and stuff... Very good shots of Thorpe on there.

Wow, never heard of that. I had heard about Microsoft Virtual Earth, but I was surprised to see it's commercial. Thanks very much for that!

Re: Google Earth! by TrickTrack TrickTrack Profile at 8/26/08 12:12:09 PM

I was actually amazed (and a bit shocked) to actually see my car parked behind my house on a particularly sunny saturday morning in 2006

StellaVista