Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Paultons Disko Coaster?

Paultons Disko Coaster?

the_winged_beast the_winged_beast Profile

Posted:
8/22/08 at
4:27:46 AM

Views: 1187

ScreamScape are reporting that Paultons Park might be getting a Zamperla Disko coaster for next season

If it's true I think it will be a good choice of ride, I wonder if they will go for a circular or rectangle car

Re: Paultons Disko Coaster? by Graeme Graeme Profile at 8/22/08 5:27:34 PM

I'm sceptical about how good this type of ride is, however, it might be a good fit for Paultons. I've been on two Disk'Os and a Rockin' Tug, and I didn't find them thrilling, but, like I say, that might be exactly what Paultons want.

I suppose what I'm really trying to say is "Nice ride, but not the next Cobra"!

Re: Paultons Disko Coaster? by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 8/25/08 1:16:22 PM

Graeme, don't worry, it's not going to top Cobra. ;) From what I've seen and heard about Paultons, this sounds like a nice addition. I'd have sprung for a Topple Tower though. :P

Re: Paultons Disko Coaster? by Graeme Graeme Profile at 8/25/08 2:41:12 PM

> Graeme, don't worry, it's not going to top Cobra. ;) From
> what I've seen and heard about Paultons, this sounds like a
> nice addition. I'd have sprung for a Topple Tower though.
> :P

LOL! I'd like it to be better than Cobra though! I get the impression Paultons are seeing this as a big ride (in fact, if what I've read is true, Paultons consider this their 4th coaster), whereas I see it as more of a flat ride (like you say, you'd have bought a Topple Tower).

Don't get me wrong though, I look forward to trying it, and any excuse to go back and ride Cobra is a good one!

Re: Paultons Disko Coaster? by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 8/26/08 9:29:13 PM

Here's the thing, I don't consider the Disk-O to be a coaster, I haven't been on one yet, but regardless, it's a new ride. Graeme, just think if it were a medium sized woodie? Complete with tunnels and all the trimmings?

Re: Paultons Disko Coaster? by Graeme Graeme Profile at 9/17/08 10:30:14 AM

I've just read on Rideas that it will go alongside Cobra's bunny hops. This is "the" place enthusiasts have considered premium space for a new ride.

Re: Paultons Disko Coaster? by britcitchris britcitchris Profile at 9/18/08 1:28:14 PM

You know Tim, it looks like a flat ride, sort of. However, the car is on rollers. Now, to twist that point on it's head, I think that it is powered at all times along the track, so it doesn't coast. So technically, I don't suppose it's a coaster either as it doesn't 'coast'. I'm going to go 'flat ride'. Sort of. Lol.

NB: The Disk O at Yarmouth is lots of fun.

Chris.

Re: Paultons Disko Coaster? by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 9/19/08 11:58:02 AM

Chris, Chris, Chris, are you trying to pick a fight with me? lol! I don't count it a coaster because its powered, although I considered power coasters a credit, and not because I'm a shameful cred whore.
Yesterday I saw Kennywood's Cosmic Chaos on Youtube, and have to ask, do they all spin insanely fast? I was getting nauseas just watching. lol

Re: Paultons Disko Coaster? by Graeme Graeme Profile at 9/19/08 2:28:10 PM

> I don't count it a coaster because its powered,
> although I considered power coasters a credit, and not
> because I'm a shameful cred whore.

I too count powered coasters as coasters, and I'm not even a credit whore! As far as I'm concerned, if it truly feels like a coaster to you, it's a coaster.

> Yesterday I saw Kennywood's Cosmic Chaos on Youtube, and
> have to ask, do they all spin insanely fast? I was getting
> nauseas just watching. lol

Is that a normal Disk'O? They do spin quite fast, yeah.

Re: Paultons Disko Coaster? by britcitchris britcitchris Profile at 9/19/08 7:05:03 PM

> Chris, Chris, Chris, are you trying to pick a fight with
> me? lol! I don't count it a coaster because its powered,
> although I considered power coasters a credit, and not
> because I'm a shameful cred whore.
> Yesterday I saw Kennywood's Cosmic Chaos on Youtube, and
> have to ask, do they all spin insanely fast? I was getting
> nauseas just watching. lol

>

Me, pick a fight? Never. Now stand still while I give you a slap.

Re: Paultons Disko Coaster? by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 9/21/08 5:24:13 PM

Not if slap you first...

Grazza, I think it's a regular sized Dosk O, as far as I know, there's two sizes.

Re: Paultons Disko Coaster? by Hurri Hurri Profile at 9/22/08 5:21:15 AM

Cosmic Chaos is a bigger DiskO than the 'regular' model.. the 40 seat version, about three times the size of the 24 seat.

But it appears to be spinning at the same speed.

Re: Paultons Disko Coaster? by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 9/23/08 12:58:30 AM

Thanks for the tidbit Hurri...it just looks like it's spinning awfully fast...