Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Good Walter Bolliger Article

Good Walter Bolliger Article

Graeme Graeme Profile

Posted:
7/26/08 at
11:37:30 AM

Views: 1763

Nice and long:

Telegraph - B&M

Re: Good Walter Bolliger Article by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 8/2/08 1:50:14 AM

Grazza, thanks for the article, and it was a great read. Also, Intamin's based out of Dortmund, the main factory, and their offices are in Monthey as well.

Re: Good Walter Bolliger Article by TrickTrack TrickTrack Profile at 8/5/08 4:33:44 PM

That Intamin department in Dortmund is part of Intamin Bahntechnik. It is located next to a large botanical garden where Intamin is the owner and operator of a cable-way and a park-train.

Both "attractions" were built in 1959 for a botanical exhibition. The cable-way or lift was closed in 1998 because it became too expensive to operate. When park-guests complained about the loss of this old-time attraction it was refurbished and put back to service in 2003. Operator is still Intamin.

During refurbishment the cable was thoroughly examined and it was still found to be in good condition. The same was attested to the machines and wheels which were in constant operation for 40 years. (It was my first Intamin ride!)

Click here and browse around their website.

http://www.intamin.de/intamin.htm

StellaVista

Re: Good Walter Bolliger Article by ross_keen at 8/6/08 11:28:52 AM

The picture of the staff in the car.....

Manta???

Re: Good Walter Bolliger Article by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 8/11/08 9:44:00 PM

Tricky, thanks for the bit of info. Being a fan-boy, I love any bit of information I can get...well about any rides manufacturer, but you get the drift. I actually have this site bookmarked on my favourites, that's how geeky I am.

Tim.

Re: Good Walter Bolliger Article by Graeme Graeme Profile at 8/12/08 9:26:58 AM

> Tricky, thanks for the bit of info. Being a fan-boy, I love
> any bit of information I can get...well about any rides
> manufacturer, but you get the drift. I actually have this
> site bookmarked on my favourites, that's how geeky I am.

You have this site bookmarked? That's not geeky at all! :)

Re: Good Walter Bolliger Article by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 8/19/08 3:11:22 AM

No you cheeky blighter, I meant Intamin's German headquarters website is bookmarked. :P And yes, I have URC book marked too, both Euro and N. America. ;)

Re: Good Walter Bolliger Article by Graeme Graeme Profile at 8/19/08 7:53:47 AM

> No you cheeky blighter, I meant Intamin's German
> headquarters website is bookmarked.

LOL, now that is funny! ;)

(Goes off to click bookmarked Gerstlauer page...)