Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Plopsaland De Panne Gerstlauer Launch Coaster

Plopsaland De Panne Gerstlauer Launch Coaster

the_winged_beast the_winged_beast Profile

Posted:
7/25/08 at
2:21:32 PM

Views: 2712

Plopsaland De Panne, Belgium, are installing a Gerstlauer Launch Coaster for 2009, check out the impressions, stats and video on Rides.NL

After the launch runway the ride goes up vertical into a top hat, dive loop, lynet style top hat, dive loop, swoopy up into block brake, swoopy down, change of direction then a zero g roll into the brakes . . looks to be a serious monster of a ride

Re: Plopsaland De Panne Gerstlauer Launch Coaster by Graeme Graeme Profile at 7/28/08 8:50:46 AM

Nice to see they are using large, single elements (as opposed to cobra rolls etc).

I wouldn't be surprised to see quite a few more of these over the next few years in Belgium, Holland, Germany and Scandinavia.

Re: Plopsaland De Panne Gerstlauer Launch Coaster by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 8/2/08 1:36:23 AM

I'm excited about this. YouTube have the animation for it. Gerstaluer are really making a name for themselves now, more than before.

Re: Plopsaland De Panne Gerstlauer Launch Coaster by TrickTrack TrickTrack Profile at 3/27/09 6:19:18 AM

"Anubis" is now testing! Looks very nice...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nAxYsQT-rQ

StellaVista

Re: Plopsaland De Panne Gerstlauer Launch Coaster by britcitchris britcitchris Profile at 3/27/09 8:38:58 AM

that looks great!

Re: Anubis Plopsaland De Panne Launch Coaster by the_winged_beast the_winged_beast Profile at 5/18/09 8:05:29 AM

Blimey with all the coasters opening this season it was surprisingly for us to miss the launch of Anubis

check out the photos on fotogalerijen.be i'm liking the themeing of the station building and the track seems to obscured amongst some mature trees

looks like plopsaland now have a serious signature coaster . . i'm visiting walibi world in a few weeks but i can't pursuade jai to let me drive the 3hours to plopsaland to try anubis :P

Re: Anubis Plopsaland De Panne Launch Coaster by Graeme Graeme Profile at 5/18/09 10:48:54 AM

The theming is amazing.

Am I imagining it or is there also a coaster somewhere that is actually a launched Euro Fighter? I seem to remember that also had good theming and went through buildings etc.

EDIT - Ah, I see. Fluch von Novgorod at Hansa Park.

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: Plopsaland De Panne Gerstlauer Launch Coaster by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 5/18/09 4:13:24 PM

What an incredible looking coaster, Anubis, and the theming is top notch. I couldn't help but wonder just how much airtime there is on that top hat, and the layout is splendid. I really love what Gerstlauer are doing at the moment, especially for the smaller parks.

Re: Plopsaland De Panne Anubis by the_winged_beast the_winged_beast Profile at 4/26/10 10:16:20 AM

Thanks to the Volcano our plans to fly to Copenhagen were grounded, but this presented the opportunity to drive to Belgium (of course!) The Ferry crossing from Dover to Dunkerque cost just £20 and from there it was a quick and relatively straight forward 20min drive to Plopsaland De Panne, where we'd finally get to ride Anubis!

Plopsaland De Panne is a very clean smartly present park, the ride collection is squarely aimed at families with some gems like the duelling batflyer and SuperSplash with a vertical spinning lifting mechanism

Photobucket

The station building is very well themed you could almost class it as a walk-through attraction in itself however most of the building is dedicated to the queue with the loading station squeezed into an impossibly small space

They were efficiently loading/dispatching four six-seat wedged shaped cars, I guess so everybody has a good view of the ride, and as long as nobody was waiting when you got back to the station you could stay on for another go

The car rolls quickly off the station down a right hand bend onto the launch runway, it's quite odd to launch form a rolling speed as opposed to a stand-still . . . BOOM! Your away straight into the action with no hanging around, there was a slight jolt on the back seats as the launch kicked in, but it was nothing unpleasant and only a miniscule criticism with this otherwise flawless coaster

The car quickly ascends the top hat with some lunging airtime at the top as you plummet down the twisted drop then it thunders into the wonderfully huge scale dive loop, top hat and nearly immlelman loop with a really boisterous yet thrilling energy, there's a midcourse brake section, then some twists along the forest floor before the awesome inline roll climax into the brakes

While the layout is hardly long the amazing big scale of the elements and sheer speed energy of the coaster really makes for something special, I can't related to the television series the story is based on but the themeing of the queue building and woodland setting of the coaster do add a lot to the experience to make it stand-out

Anubis is certainly one of the best new coasters I've ridden in a long time

Photobucket

Re: Plopsaland De Panne Anubis by Graeme Graeme Profile at 4/29/10 8:34:27 AM

Thanks for the report, Winged Beast - a thrilling ride description and vibrant pictures.

Re: Plopsaland De Panne Gerstlauer Launch Coaster by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 5/7/10 1:44:08 AM

As always Stu, great work with the images and imagery...

A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.

A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.