Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Belle Vue Bobs Footage

Belle Vue Bobs Footage

TrickTrack TrickTrack Profile

Posted:
6/7/08 at
12:54:14 PM

Views: 995

"Swampfoxer" dug up more lost coaster goodness! See the Belle Vu Bobs from various angles!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=TIjI2jzfuXw

Re: Belle Vue Bobs Footage by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 6/10/08 1:37:43 PM

What a splendid woodie! It's too bad no one now has rebuilt it. This would be right up GCI's street.

Re: Belle Vue Bobs Footage by Graeme Graeme Profile at 8/22/08 6:16:41 PM

Finally watched this video. Remarkable!

Re: Belle Vue Bobs Footage by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 8/25/08 1:21:57 PM

I haven't done this in ages, a bit rusty... And the best part about the Bobs, if it were still around, it wouldn't be too tall or scary for Graeme to ride. :P lol

Re: Belle Vue Bobs Footage by Graeme Graeme Profile at 8/25/08 2:54:09 PM

> I haven't done this in ages, a bit rusty... And the best
> part about the Bobs, if it were still around, it wouldn't
> be too tall or scary for Graeme to ride. :P lol

"I Will Ride Any Woodie", that's my motto!

Re: Belle Vue Bobs Footage by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 8/26/08 9:25:32 PM

> I haven't done this in ages, a bit rusty... And the best
> part about the Bobs, if it were still around, it wouldn't
> be too tall or scary for Graeme to ride. :P lol

> "I Will Ride Any Woodie", that's my motto!

Even El Toro, T'Express, and Colossos??

Re: Belle Vue Bobs Footage by Graeme Graeme Profile at 8/27/08 10:22:11 AM

>> "I Will Ride Any Woodie", that's my motto!

> Even El Toro, T'Express, and Colossos??

Wild horses couldn't keep me off them! Not that they'd want to.

I have happily ridden and re-ridden 150ft coasters - Millennium Coaster, The Ultimate (although not the latter nowadays, going by Gary's report!) - and I've ridden the Big One. Admittedly, that was a bit too scary (intimidating), but I did ride it and queue up to ride again. Thankfully, the wind stopped me getting a 2nd ride!

But no, the only thing that bothers me about the Intamin woodies is how steep the drops are becoming.

Re: Belle Vue Bobs Footage by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 8/27/08 3:54:19 PM

Well, Colossos doesn't look that steep, which I believe it is, just not as extreme as El Toro and T-Express... It was the steepness I meant to say.

Re: Belle Vue Bobs Footage by Graeme Graeme Profile at 8/28/08 8:12:46 AM

> Well, Colossos doesn't look that steep, which I believe it
> is, just not as extreme as El Toro and T-Express... It was
> the steepness I meant to say.

Yeah, exactly. El Toro and T-Express I'd be bothered about, because of the steepness (I'd want the front seat), and Son of Beast for the sheer height. I think I'd ride them all though, because woodies are so inviting!

Re: Belle Vue Bobs Footage by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 8/28/08 11:51:14 AM

Oh come on now, there's supposed to be some insane standing air in the back on Tex and Toro.