Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Efteling Long Term Development Plans

Efteling Long Term Development Plans

the_winged_beast the_winged_beast Profile

Posted:
5/30/08 at
7:17:32 PM

Views: 746

Efteling announced its long term development plans to a Dutch newspaper

The park is extending the period of installing a major attraction from every five years, to every seven years

Instead they will concentrate on investing €46m into the proposed Droomrijk holiday resort

In the future they are looking to build a new Efteling branded park outside of The Netherlands, but it is said it won't be a carbon copy of the current park

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: Efteling Long Term Development Plans by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 6/1/08 3:24:25 PM

Stu, do you know what kind of rides are on the way, and how many would be coasters? This is great news, from the TR and pics that i have seen, it seems like a great park.

Re: Efteling Long Term Development Plans by Graeme Graeme Profile at 6/2/08 9:49:13 AM

> The park is extending the period of installing a major
> attraction from every five years, to every seven years

Sounds fair enough to me. From the aerial photographs, the greenery is spectacular, and I would rather explore the park than go on the rides. I really was blown away by those photos.

> In the future they are looking to build a new Efteling
> branded park outside of The Netherlands, but it is said it
> won't be a carbon copy of the current park

My prediction is that it'll be in Germany. They seem to have their finger on the pulse this decade.