Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > PortAventura TR 09/10-May-08

PortAventura TR 09/10-May-08

the_winged_beast the_winged_beast Profile

Posted:
5/10/08 at
2:59:23 PM

Views: 2006

Hello just a quick TR from a not so sunny Spain, visited PortAventura yesterday and today, purchased a 2 day ticket and premium express pass on good faith, afterall i usually visit the park in December, a time of year when you dont expect the weather to be so good and they´ve always seemed to do their best to keep everything running

Its been a complete washout really, heavy rain most of the day, yesterday all of the rides were running with the execption of Baco which can´t work in the rain, even though we were very soggy and waiting a long time to get on rides as they were running at a CBA-capacity (1 hour to get on sea odyessy with express pass!) we tried to make the best of it

the rain stopped at 7pmish we started to get excited, we´d stuck through the storm and now we could really enjoy the park, especially around 10 re-rides on a very intense Dragon Khan without having to get off

We tried to venture elsewhere in the park but found as we approached rides we were been told they were closed, éventually we reached the guest services in the far west, we asked inside if the park had closed as the lack of things that were open was slightly worrying, the girl was most helpful and sympatehtic and called the main office to find out (she did´t know/hadn´t been told either!) yes the park was closing at 8pm

it was 7:30 and everything had already shut up, we felt a bit peeved, as we´d stuck through the rain and the weather had finally improved, also there was no warning that they planned to close early - they were playing an annoucement around the park saying the lake show had been cancelled due to poor weather so they do have the means to warn people PA is a huge park afterall and we saw people kind of wandering around aimlessly looking confused to why everything was closing so suddenly

We popped into the main Guest Relations before leaving, they weren´t so understanding as the far west one, they kind of didnt care that the park had closed early and it was tough that wé´d paid for express pass and not really been able to use them

All they could do was give us a free ticket to come back another day, which wasn´t useful as we have no plans to return before the end of the summer, and already had a 2day ticket

She offered us the single ride express pass tickets, which we accepted as we weren´t going to get anything else

So day 2 in the park, more heavy rain and today wind, the only rides open were tukallyinappropriate splash volcano, sea odyessy, tea cups, sombrero seperant thing, tomahawk and rapids

not even the inside show, temple del fugeo was open due to the rain??!!

So we decided to take a little siesta, we headed back late this afternoon as the weather had calmed down considerably only to be turned away at the turnstile because the park had closed

Very disappointing to say the least, if this had been my first visit to PortAventura i definately would´t return

Re: PortAventura TR 09/10-May-08 by JaiB JaiB Profile at 5/10/08 3:13:12 PM

Serves ya right for going again without me haha...

Naa just kiddin, really gutted to hear about the weather, thats a mighty blow, and ridiculous how PA are being about it all, there usually so good at keeping things running and queues to a minimum even in the freezing cold Decembers lmao!

Ahh I see the main guest services are being the troopers they always are haha... Shes a woman with a grudge against us though I guess...

JaiB!

Re: PortAventura TR 09/10-May-08 by Graeme Graeme Profile at 5/17/08 9:06:08 AM

Sorry you had a disappointing time.

Regarding complaints, I know you get the ignorant masses taking their anger out on the staff (you and I have both experienced this!), but I feel strongly that if someone bothers to take a valid complaint to Customer Services they should be listened to.

I still shudder to remember "The Chessington Incident of 2000", where I was most upset yet they didn't care (I still haven't been back). And only yesterday, well, I didn't have a complaint, but I encountered a most unhelpful and inflexible receptionist. Sadly, it's a true phenomenon, hence the "Computer Says No" character in Little Britain!

Re: PortAventura TR 09/10-May-08 by the_winged_beast the_winged_beast Profile at 5/24/08 4:28:05 AM

Photobucket

Baco's lake supports have had some new metal base added ontop oft he concrete footers

Photobucket

The second day the wind was blowing leaves and branches everywhere, there was no attempt to clear them up, or solve the poor drainage around the park

Photobucket

Baco was closed due to a danger of slightly more than leaves on the line!

Photobucket

All the riders on Serpiente Emplumada were collectively singing the bass line of the white stripe's seven nation army - everyone seemed in good spirits despite the weather

Photobucket

Computer says i can only offer you a max express pass, but rather than giving you an actual max pass, we'll write every ticket out individually

Re: PortAventura TR 09/10-May-08 by Graeme Graeme Profile at 5/24/08 8:09:03 AM

> Baco's lake supports have had some new metal base added
> ontop oft he concrete footers

Maybe I'm weird, but seeing that, I actually like the way it "ruins" the harbour! Of course, I haven't seen it in person.

> Baco was closed due to a danger of slightly more than
> leaves on the line!

Wow, a whole tree! Gives a whole new meaning to "Intamin wooden coaster"!

> All the riders on Serpiente Emplumada were collectively
> singing the bass line of the white stripe's seven nation
> army - everyone seemed in good spirits despite the weather

Is that one of those Sombrero rides like I rode at Margate a few years ago? (I think they had one at Drayton too.) I wasn't keen on the thin, metal bars.