Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Travelling Fair Documentary

Travelling Fair Documentary

d_n_s_u

Posted:
5/10/08 at
1:14:37 PM

Views: 781

This was highlighted by a poster on the Joyland forums:

Showing next week on More4

Carny

Re: Travelling Fair Documentary by Graeme Graeme Profile at 5/17/08 9:11:44 AM

I didn't manage to watch this, but I'll look out for it again.

Incidentally, I saw a really good report about London's "White City" exhibition on Newsnight a few days ago.

It had a Scenic Railway and a Flip Flap. Here are a couple of links about it (it has quite an interesting, specially written song too):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/newsnight/2008/05/memories_of_the_great_white_city.html
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/newsnight/2008/05/great_white_city_exhibition.html

Re: White City by the_winged_beast the_winged_beast Profile at 5/24/08 4:54:22 AM

> Incidentally, I saw a really good report about London's
> "White City" exhibition on Newsnight a few days
> ago.

Wow! That was a fascinating documentary, the whiggle woggle looked bizarre, I do feel for the swan boat sailors who had to peddle those boats full of passengers around the lagoon all day

It's a shame so much effort was put into making these exhibitions and of such a scale, yet they were never meant to last

It really does put the permanent attractions of today to shame

Re: White City by Graeme Graeme Profile at 5/24/08 8:05:32 AM

> Wow! That was a fascinating documentary, the whiggle woggle
> looked bizarre, I do feel for the swan boat sailors who had
> to peddle those boats full of passengers around the lagoon
> all day

Ah, glad you liked it! I always love standing in a place and thinking "This was here, that was there". I do it most often at Clacton!

> It really does put the permanent attractions of today to
> shame

Yes indeed. Perhaps they need to rethink theme and amusement parks? Is it time for a "Nintendo Wii" of amusement parks, I wonder? By that, I mean something that makes the bigger audience interested again.

By the way, I wonder what happened to the scenic railway?