Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Favourite Station Music (UK Rides only please)

Favourite Station Music (UK Rides only please)

britcitchris britcitchris Profile

Posted:
4/11/08 at
5:17:23 AM

Views: 852

What is your favourite music when waiting in the station to board your coaster? I find some really good music can really help build the excitement factor before getting on. Tussards/Merlin have some excellent music on some of their rides. My favourites are Nemesis, Nemesis Inferno, Colossus and Vampire although I will probably think of some more later. After my recent visit to Thorpe/Chessington, I thought that the music in the station for Nem Inferno was the same or similar to the music in Duel as you walk through the house before getting on. Anyone else notice this?

Chris.

Re: Favourite Station Music (UK Rides only please) by Graeme Graeme Profile at 4/11/08 9:03:31 AM

My favourites are The Vampire, Bubbleworks, Nemesis and Colossus, probably.

Air and Nemesis Inferno are also interesting. Probably an acquired taste.

Save Dreamland

Re: Favourite Station Music (UK Rides only please) by Hurri Hurri Profile at 4/11/08 12:57:23 PM

Nemesis Inferno dispatch is fantastic, but they're currently playing the queueline music in the station, which is interesting...

Colossus Launch Speech is a brilliant piece as well, the whispers and then the station ambience.

Nemesis has an excellent score and deserves a mention.

And I'm quite partial to Hex, although the music is during the ride in this case rather than an anticipation build-up.

Oh, and of course Stealth's WWTP playlist is good fun. Was better when it was on random though, or better still when they had the live DJ, but now it's not as good, it can get a bit samey.

Re: Favourite Station Music (UK Rides only please) by JaiB JaiB Profile at 4/11/08 4:17:33 PM

I'm going to be controversial, firstly, I used to love Nemesis' station music, but now its been changed and the horrific voice overs produced by Andy Hine are played and are simply cringe worthy, I'd like to see the return of the staple "Sit Back Its Fright Time"

Another Fav is Vampire at Chessington, and Slammers raising sound clip, I never really understood the whole hype around Vortex's signature sound, tbh it hurt my ears as does the whispers on colossus, but I have commented in the past on liking the whispers so it might of just been me in a bad mood on my more recent venture.

For the win though... Hmm... I'm going to go with Oblivions theme, no one seems to mention it any more, I think it was really future-proof when they came up with it in '98, and still sounds very applicable to the ride now...

Anyways I digress, The best ride music for me though belongs in Europe and that goes to Euro Mir's Techno lift hill track... Brilliant.

JaiB!

Re: Favourite Station Music (UK Rides only please) by RollerBoy RollerBoy Profile at 4/22/08 12:47:21 PM

Nemesis, Nemesis Inferno, Colossus, Air and Oblivion's music are all great really, its hard to choose!
Jordan.