Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > UK Attendance 2007

UK Attendance 2007

Graeme Graeme Profile

Posted:
3/27/08 at
3:24:20 PM

Views: 790

From Joyland Books, here are the UK's Top 4 UK parks for 2007:

1. Pleasure Beach Blackpool (5.5m) -8.3%
2. Alton Towers (2.4m) 0.0%
3. Thorpe Park (1.7m) 0.0%
4. Legoland Windsor (1.65m) +11.5%

is it just me, or are those pretty small? I know a small park can get 500,000 in a good year. I thought the bigger parks (Alton, specifically) were capable of getting around 4m?

Joyland Books

Re: UK Attendance 2007 by the_winged_beast the_winged_beast Profile at 3/28/08 4:19:10 AM

I'm surprised Flamingo Land aren't mentioned, they usually attract around 1.5million

> is it just me, or are those pretty small? I know a small
> park can get 500,000 in a good year. I thought the bigger
> parks (Alton, specifically) were capable of getting around
> 4m?

I believe Alton's biggest season was around 1994 when it reached the 3million mark, personally a time where there was a good combination of the right new investment and fantastic marketing

Check out the 2008 Alton TV Advert this is the first time in a good few years the park have advertised so much on TV here in the uk, i expect attendance will creep up slightly this season because of this

http://www.highextreme.co.uk

Re: UK Attendance 2007 by britcitchris britcitchris Profile at 3/28/08 11:49:35 AM

Blimey, you would think the figures to be higher, wouldn't you?

I'm impressed with the percentage increase for Legoland. I wonder how much of that increase is down to the new Vikings River Splash? I'm loving their current t.v. ad by the way.