Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Claustrphobia

Claustrphobia

britcitchris britcitchris Profile

Posted:
3/25/08 at
9:24:27 AM

Views: 1115

Not good!

http://news.uk.msn.com/Article.aspx?cp-documentid=7883273

Re: Claustrphobia by Graeme Graeme Profile at 3/25/08 9:46:58 AM

Oo-er! "stopped for urgent repairs"? Must have been urgent indeed!

Even the big wheel at Southend freaks me out, so I would stay away from this one!

Re: Claustrophobia by britcitchris britcitchris Profile at 3/25/08 7:42:12 PM

Well, I will still go on it, hopefully this year, too. I mean roller coasters break down on hill lifts or worse but I still go on them!

Re: Claustrphobia by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 3/27/08 10:30:54 PM

And yet another reason for me to stay away from wheels.

Re: Claustrphobia by mouse_2 mouse_2 Profile at 3/28/08 6:52:31 PM

Hi Guys,

Sorry, it's been a while. Yet another long lost member returns. This thread caught my eye; guess who got stuck on this... only Mouse 1 and myself!

We did a Bank Holiday trip to get our money’s worth of our new Merlin Annual Pass...

Friday: Thorpe Park
Sat: Chessington
Sun: Legoland
Mon: London Dungeon, London Bridge Experience, Madame Tussauds and finally a very long flight on the London Eye...

We got stuck 3 pods from the exit so had a disappointing prolonged view. At the start of the flight we noticed one of the drive tyres was falling to pieces - literally. Everything continued so we didn’t really think anything of it though. Towards the end of the 45 min flight everything stopped, and we waited... watching Big Ben we waited, and waited some more. An hour later we were informed about a 'comfort' box under the seat, locked with a number code padlock. At this point I was marking out my floor space to spend the night! Inside there was about 3 or 4 bottles of water (between about 15), a couple of packets of energy tablets and those silver blankets for if we decided to try and run the marathon while we waited. No one would drink the water as there were also cardboard jelly bowls to pee into – which way would you face?! Everyone was very British and didn’t speak to each other so we spent the nearly two hours stationary waving and pulling faces to the cameras below. They finally managed to get things moving again, after turning the power off which caused the pods to lean to one side – we got hurried out of the door as our pod passed its way through the station. However Merlin really pushed the boat out and offered us a free coffee for the experience.

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: Claustrphobia by Graeme Graeme Profile at 3/29/08 8:50:12 AM

Hello Adam!

> However Merlin really pushed the boat out and offered us a
> free coffee for the experience.

Ah, it's reassuring to know nothing changes!

Re: Claustrophobia by britcitchris britcitchris Profile at 3/29/08 3:38:17 PM

I can't believe your luck! I hope the coffee was worth it? I'm joking, of course.

Are you at PWH this year?

Chris.

Re: Claustrphobia by mouse_2 mouse_2 Profile at 3/30/08 8:53:18 AM

Hi Chris,

I finished at Pleasurewood in 2006, although still have ties with the park and am quite often around. I now work for Go Ape as IT Manager. http://www.goape.co.uk - has anyone been?

Re: Claustrphobia by britcitchris britcitchris Profile at 3/30/08 12:54:41 PM

Oddly enough, the mrs and I went to Go Ape at Thetford Forest a few years back. It scared the pants off me as I hate climbing heights but I did well (for me) and was quite pleased with myself. (Even though I was ....ing myself the whole time!)

Are you going to do a trip report for the other parks you did in one weekend? I'd like to know your thoughts on them for this season.

Chris.