Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Blackgang Attractions Moving to Robin Hill

Blackgang Attractions Moving to Robin Hill

Graeme Graeme Profile

Posted:
3/23/08 at
3:47:46 PM

Views: 1074

I've just read on Joyland Books that attractions from Blackgang Chine are moving to the Isle of Wight's inland theme park, Robin Hill. How sad, but understandable.

The Wild West town, which is the first section to move, is fabulous. The old one was low down in the cliff, near the sea, and in one straight line. This newer one is not in a straight line and seems even bigger. It really is remarkable. It's also much higher and further back from the sea, but it seems even that's not enough.

Hopefully as much from Blackgang Chine as possible can be saved. As far as I'm aware, it's only a certain type of rock that erodes, so it must stop somewhere. I wonder where?

Joyland Books

Re: Blackgang Attractions Moving to Robin Hill by twist twist Profile at 3/16/09 2:11:27 PM

First off, apologies for bumping this topic; I had something to say but didn't think it was worth making a whole new thread when this one's still available!

I've had an interesting bit of news on the Rumpus Mansion forums from a member of staff. The Cliff Hanger rollercoaster WILL be moving to Robin Hill (I'm surprised because I was told that the ground was unsuitable there!) and there's planning permission for a water slide... I'm assuming they're moving Water Force from Blackgang Chine and NOT just building a brand new one.

Part of the Sawmill exhibition will be lost as well, making space for a dinosaur attraction (of course!).

Very interesting plans and I'll be following the developments.

The Future Of Blackgang Chine

Re: Blackgang Attractions Moving to Robin Hill by Graeme Graeme Profile at 3/16/09 6:03:56 PM

> I've had an interesting bit of news on the Rumpus Mansion
> forums from a member of staff. The Cliff Hanger
> rollercoaster WILL be moving to Robin Hill (I'm surprised
> because I was told that the ground was unsuitable there!)

Thanks for the info. Do you know if the coaster sits on a base-frame?

> Part of the Sawmill exhibition will be lost as well, making
> space for a dinosaur attraction (of course!).

That's great, I never get bored with dinosaurs!

Re: Blackgang Attractions Moving to Robin Hill by britcitchris britcitchris Profile at 3/17/09 6:25:59 PM

Does Robin Hill over look the sea? It's hard to imagine Cliffhanger not being near the end of a cliff....

Chris.

Re: Blackgang Attractions Moving to Robin Hill by Graeme Graeme Profile at 3/17/09 7:04:22 PM

> Does Robin Hill over look the sea? It's hard to imagine
> Cliffhanger not being near the end of a cliff....

> Chris.

No, it doesn't, but the layout's just like a Mini Mega, not a custom design or anything.