Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Mammoth Railroad On Ride

Mammoth Railroad On Ride

Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile

Posted:
3/20/08 at
9:34:54 PM

Views: 799

I know Graeme's going to like this one, and it looks like fun.

Mammoth Railroad

Re: Mammoth Railroad On Ride by the_winged_beast the_winged_beast Profile at 3/21/08 8:18:36 AM

> I know Graeme's going to like this one, and it looks like
> fun.

Thanks for the link Tim, looks to be a nice coaster for everyone, looks to be the standard vekoma mine layout (walibi/happy valley/ratanga junction) with an extra lift

Personally i feel Gardaland has very elaborate themeing, Atlantis looks stunning, yet the park lacks that signature stand-out coaster - i call this situation "terra mitica syndrome!"

I guess Merlin want to make Gardaland a family resort and ignore the thrill market, the same stratergy they have for Alton Towers, i believe the park attracts 3.5million guests a year so the lack of a signature coaster hasn't been noticed by the huge number of visitors

http://www.highextreme.co.uk

Re: Mammoth Railroad On Ride by Graeme Graeme Profile at 3/23/08 6:44:51 PM

Tim:
> I know Graeme's going to like this one, and it looks like
> fun.

Yes, I did, thanks Tim! I like the way track crosses with track from previous lift hills, and you can get a new view of the theming.

Winged Beast:
> I guess Merlin want to make Gardaland a family resort and
> ignore the thrill market, the same stratergy they have for
> Alton Towers, i believe the park attracts 3.5million guests
> a year so the lack of a signature coaster hasn't been
> noticed by the huge number of visitors

I must admit, over the past few years I have begun to prefer small/medium, smooth, non-looping coasters to true "thrill" coasters. This is partly because they have become more extreme (vertical drops, strong launches etc), but that's not the whole story, because I'm not as interested in inverteds, for example, as much as I was.

It's a shame if Alton won't get any more big coasters, but I can't pretend they need another ride as scary or intense as Rita, Oblivion or Nemesis.

My sort of thing nowadays are Gerstlauer Bobsleds, Vekoma Mine Trains (probably), GCI woodies (probably)... that sort of thing. I still say if Gerstlauer could make a short-train, 80ft non-looping coaster it would be perfect.

The name? "Goldilocks", of course. ;)

Re: Mammoth Railroad On Ride by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 3/28/08 7:47:16 PM

Graeme, rest assured you would not be disappointed with a Vekoma mine train, despite the lack of speed, they are really alot of fun. Big Thunder really blew me away and my expectations, and the other big mine train that I'd love to ride next would be Calamity Mines. I recently saw an on-ride video of it, and it looked amazing.
Big Thunder had a nice touch on it that i forgot all about, the earthquake simulated second lift hill, it's a gently rocking, but it was brilliant.