Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Thorpe Park 2008

Thorpe Park 2008

britcitchris britcitchris Profile

Posted:
3/13/08 at
4:52:25 PM

Views: 905

Although we have to wait until next year for the new coaster, I'm still excited about returning to Thorpe (early next month, woo hoo!), especially after seeing the new advert on t.v. I found it a cleverly designed advert that not only showed some of the great rides but gave you a brief sensation of riding them too. A clever touch. See you in April, Thorpe!

Re: Thorpe Park 2008 by ascvampire at 3/26/08 6:28:14 AM

hi, went to thorpe park last week (was sooo empty!!) and saw they were building/expanding next to flying fish. Wondering if you knew what this was about?

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: Thorpe Park 2008 by LizardsOmen at 3/26/08 1:29:34 PM

Can't wait to go. Hope it was as empty as when you went :D

and have a look at this construction for myself.

Re: Thorpe Park 2008 by britcitchris britcitchris Profile at 3/26/08 6:23:07 PM

According to a Thorpe web site, they are preparing for next year's new coaster. They are still infilling part of the lake and have made some queue alterations of nearby rides to prepare for the new coaster's queue line. There is no name for the new ride so far, other than 'Project Dylan'.

Chris.

Re: Thorpe Park 2008 by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 3/27/08 10:36:04 PM

Despite the horror stories I hear about Thorpe (and some over exgeeration), I can't wait until I get the chance to go to Thorpe.

Re: Thorpe Park 2008 by britcitchris britcitchris Profile at 3/28/08 4:00:47 AM

Yep, despite the regular downtime of some of the rides, Thorpe is an excellent park with a bright future for new developments. Perhaps the only 'major' park in the U.K. that we can look forward to for new, big thrills.