Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > "T-Express" Intamin Woody for Everland

"T-Express" Intamin Woody for Everland

TrickTrack TrickTrack Profile

Posted:
1/16/08 at
4:53:01 AM

Views: 2248

I posted about this in another thread, but the latest construction pictures of this MASSIVE new ride deserve its own discussion.

The genetic mix of Balder and EL Toro has spawned an increcible looking and very impressive new coaster.

Take a look:
http://www.themepark21.com/t-express/

If you can´t open it - google it! Its worth to see.

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: "T-Express" Intamin Woody for Everland by Graeme Graeme Profile at 1/16/08 6:26:56 PM

Incredible. It quite honestly looks like it might be the best wooden coaster in the world.

The only thing that bothers me is the steepness of the drop - could 77-degrees be excessive? After all, I'm assuming this doesn't have OTSRs.

Re: "T-Express" Intamin Woody for Everland by TrickTrack TrickTrack Profile at 1/17/08 4:41:52 AM

El Toro has already cracked the 80° mark.

Re: "T-Express" Intamin Woody for Everland by Graeme Graeme Profile at 1/17/08 9:04:09 AM

> El Toro has already cracked the 80° mark.

Wow! I thought it was 76-degrees.

Re: "T-Express" Intamin Woody for Everland by TrickTrack TrickTrack Profile at 1/17/08 10:25:14 AM

My bad! You are right. It looked so steep, i was probably projecting things ;)

Re: "T-Express" Intamin Woody for Everland by britcitchris britcitchris Profile at 1/19/08 8:22:41 PM

Blow me. That looks like the most aamzing woodie, ever!

Re: "T-Express" Intamin Woody for Everland by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 1/22/08 1:57:27 AM

No OTSRs thank you! The steepest coaster I have done without them is 82 (on an Intamin no doubt, tehe), and that was enough to take my breath away. lol! Oh, but this coaster is looking so fantastic, and I do hope one of that near perfection will come a bit closer to home. :)

Re: "T-Express" Intamin Woody for Everland by TrickTrack TrickTrack Profile at 1/25/08 11:37:08 AM

Some new pictures:
http://www.themepark21.com/t-express/

This coaster looks almost obscene! Check out that insane second hill.

StellaVista

Re: "T-Express" Intamin Woody for Everland by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 1/25/08 2:25:01 PM

Looking at that hill, I wonder if there'll be such a thing as illegal air. ;)

Re: "T-Express" Intamin Woody for Everland by Absimilliard Absimilliard Profile at 1/30/08 3:12:26 PM

Illegal air? It already exist! See Dodonpa for an example... The airtime on Dodonpa hill is so violent not holding on to the lap bar would give bruises!

Re: "T-Express" Intamin Woody for Everland by TrickTrack TrickTrack Profile at 4/2/08 6:46:19 AM

I don´t think that he really liked it:

* This Post Has Been Modified *

StellaVista

Re: "T-Express" Intamin Woody for Everland by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 4/2/08 10:41:01 AM

> Illegal air? It already exist! See Dodonpa for an
> example... The airtime on Dodonpa hill is so violent not
> holding on to the lap bar would give bruises!

Don't they have the top trimmed? I've seen on ride footage, and there's definitely a trim, or so it looks that way.

Re: "T-Express" Intamin Woody for Everland by arodevans at 6/7/08 12:49:16 AM

Umm, most def the best roller coaster ive been on. The first drop is amazing. I always think its best to ride in the back, so u get whipped and pulled down n around the track. We were in the very back, talk about air time. What really impressed me was the smoothness of the whole ride. I was not even scared for my teeth. Many of the roller coasters ive been on have been unpleasent due to the shake rattle n roll... The T express does not have that, and I was shocked and amazed at this thing. BEST ROLLER COASTer IVE BEEN ON BY FAR... There is a metal one where u r suspended in Everland too. That was awesome as well. SO smooth and sooo fast, my eyes have never watered soo much on roller coasters .....SWEEEET If you ever get a chance to goto Korea, be sure to goto everland and do the two roller coasters ive mentioned. The metal one im talking about is Yellow, not red...

Re: "T-Express" Intamin Woody for Everland by Graeme Graeme Profile at 8/25/08 5:39:20 PM

Shame the bloke in the video didn't like it, but I have to say, T-Express brings new meaning to the word "awesome". Height, size, exceptional layout, it's got it all.