Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Farup Sommerland´s new launch-coaster

Farup Sommerland´s new launch-coaster

TrickTrack TrickTrack Profile

Posted:
12/3/07 at
11:10:09 AM

Views: 1379

"Lynet" will be a new Gerstlauer launch coaster for 2008.
Lots of infos and video here:
http://www.faarupsommerland.dk/default.asp?kategori1=8h&id1=432&id2=500

Interesting layout, six seater cars (Hello Graeme!) a smallish top-hat, one corkscrew and a very good looking banked turn. Quite a lot for a launch coaster!

Re: Farup Sommerland´s new launch-coaster by Graeme Graeme Profile at 12/3/07 5:40:37 PM

I would like to ride this!

However, I definitely remember seeing 6-seater Bobsled cars on offer even before these wedged-shaped launched cars.

But yeah, I'm sure it'll be very good.

Re: Farup Sommerland´s new launch-coaster by britcitchris britcitchris Profile at 12/3/07 7:04:54 PM

It does indeed look like a fun ride. It would be nice to see one of these in the uk instead of another Euro Fighter.

Re: Farup Sommerland´s new launch-coaster by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 12/4/07 6:02:07 PM

When I seen this coaster I too thought of Graeme, and thought to myself that he'd love this because there's no vertical (or negative vertical) drop. Grazza, i hope I'm on the mark with this one.

I have to say with each passing day I am more and more enthralled with Gerstlauer, and this little beauty is why. :)

I think it looks miles ahead better than the launched X Car (Formula One).

Re: Farup Sommerland´s new launch-coaster by Graeme Graeme Profile at 12/5/07 12:00:46 PM

> When I seen this coaster I too thought of Graeme, and
> thought to myself that he'd love this because there's no
> vertical (or negative vertical) drop. Grazza, i hope I'm on
> the mark with this one.

Absolutely.

> I think it looks miles ahead better than the launched X Car
> (Formula One).

Agreed 100%.

Unfortunately, I don't think the UK would get one, as it's LSM. We could really do with some more Bobsleds, or just some bigger non-looping coasters like this, only without the launch.

Re: Farup Sommerland´s new launch-coaster by the_winged_beast the_winged_beast Profile at 5/27/08 2:50:52 AM

Farup have posted some construction updates on their website

The top hat thing and some of the higher sections of track are complete, it's looking good :)

Rather than the lap bar restraints as shown in the concept art the trains which have some cool log themeing have euro fighter style seats & over the shoulder harnesses

Re: Farup Sommerland´s new launch-coaster by d_n_s_u at 5/27/08 4:22:27 AM

Loved the video - I think even me in my "Gets dizzy spinning more than once" mode would love this.

Re: Farup Sommerland´s new launch-coaster by the_winged_beast the_winged_beast Profile at 6/4/08 10:28:06 AM

Farup have another Lynet update on their website

The track is complete and the first car is on the system and is testing

the themeing work to the station is also complete, looking fantastic

HighExtreme

Re: Lynet POV by the_winged_beast the_winged_beast Profile at 6/4/08 10:37:39 AM

xcuse the double post, just found a POV video on the website

http://www.faarupsommerland.dk/default.asp?kategori1=3c&klip=lynet_new.wmv

Looks a cracking little coaster, can't wait to hopefully ride this beat next week :D

HighExtreme

Re: Lynet POV by TrickTrack TrickTrack Profile at 6/4/08 2:39:49 PM

Yep, looks very nice! Much, much better than Rita/Desert Race.
The only thing that looks a little bit "meh" is the ending after the second block-brake, but the "cork-curve.cork" combination looke very nice and even the small top-hat is a great idea.

More small parks should get something like this!

Re: Lynet POV by hatt at 6/4/08 4:32:48 PM

But next time please without OTSRs.

Re: Farup Sommerland´s new launch-coaster by JaiB JaiB Profile at 6/16/08 7:28:52 AM

I'm hoping Stu will follow this post up, but we managed to get on Lynet a few days ago when we visited Farup and simply, its brilliant.

Not overly complicated, the drop into the launch is executed perfectly and generally the ride gives you a fair amount of airtime.

The OTSR are a bit of a disappointment, but they dont really impede too much on the experience as the cars are spacious and every seat has a good view.

But the front seat is highly recommended, the launch section into the mini-top hat is simply breathtaking and takes you by surprise, in a pleasant way.

By far one of the most interesting combinations of ideas and layout to be seen in this coasters category currently.

Cant wait too see what other parks do with it, as hopefully more will venture into acquiring one...

Stu has some pictures of the beast in action, as I said I'm sure he's working on a TR...

JaiB!

Re: Farup Sommerland´s new launch-coaster by the_winged_beast the_winged_beast Profile at 6/25/08 6:40:29 PM

> I'm hoping Stu will follow this post up, but we managed to
> get on Lynet a few days ago when we visited Farup and
> simply, its brilliant.

I'm falling in love with Farup, now pushing a month ago since we visited i find myself thinking more and more on what an amazing day we had there, how charming the park was and how chuffing awesome Lynet was

"Punchy" is a word that comes to mind, the usual simple gerstlauer dispatch procedure was quick and uber efficient, the train gently dips out of the loading station then BANG! and we're off, limbering up to that top hat malarkey then into the insane quantity of airtime hill, if the ride of had lap bars you'd be out of those seats thou the airtime reaches an unfathomably higher dosage through the zero g!

yes it was a wee bit jolty and they were still building the queue line around us as we waited, but i can't help but feel excited by this coaster, i love it!

I really need to find some time to write a full TR on Liseberg/Farup/Djurs, hopefully it wont be too long

HighExtreme