Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Thorpe Park Canada Creek Coaster 2009

Thorpe Park Canada Creek Coaster 2009

the_winged_beast the_winged_beast Profile

Posted:
11/16/07 at
11:27:49 AM

Views: 3874

Drum roll please. . . . It's a Euro Fighter!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The plans have been submitted for a Euro Fighter at Thorpe Park, as you can see it's taking up less room than the original Canada Creek coaster that looped around Loggers Leap in the Medium Term Development Plan

The coaster will sit snuggly between Samuari and Loggers Leap, some of the plans suggest their will be a section of track inside the station building, perhaps a hydra style zero g roll before the lift!

Themeing looks fantastic, the ride has a Canada Creek style theme, rather than previous rumours that side of the park would fall into the Lost City theme

This is great news, Gerstlauer make very clean running rides so hopefully it will give Thorpe a solid reliable ride it really needs

* This Post Has Been Modified *

HighExtreme

Re: Thorpe Park Canada Creek Coaster 2009 by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 11/16/07 12:47:08 PM

Oooooooh! I like this alot, I mean, it's not wood, but it still looks like alot of fun. Glad to see they are going the way of Mystery Mine, in a sense. Thanks for the update, Stu. :)

Re: Thorpe Park Canada Creek Coaster 2009 by Graeme Graeme Profile at 11/17/07 11:09:39 AM

Well, I've waited a day so I could say something positive... but unfortunately I can't think of anything! I will make some points though:

1) What a disappointment! Four years waiting for a flying coaster, and now it's changed to this at the last minute!

2) People said Thorpe shouldn't get a Floorless because it would be another sitdown looper. Well, this is a sitdown looper..

3) People said Thorpe shouldn't get a flying coaster because it would be another flying coaster in the UK. Well, this is the UK's 3rd Euro Fighter, and Adventure Island is much nearer to Thorpe than Alton is.

4) It's not bringing anything either the park or the UK theme park industry needed. I feel they're following a trend rather than truly thinking what the park needed.

5) It looks "good" but unremarkable. When Thorpe started to put in roller coasters, they had a chance to put in truly great, Florida-quality rides, like Kraken, Talon, Goliath La Ronde etc. They've totally wasted this opportunity.

6) This must be the end of B&M in the UK. If Merlin are not prepared to buy them, who will?

Re: Thorpe Park Canada Creek Coaster 2009 by brad brad Profile at 11/18/07 10:55:00 AM

I personally like the looks of this.

Yes i aggree it is a shame that it isn't a well themed B&M but mystery mine has had some really good reviews. Hopefully (if this has a storyline) it will work well.

If its just a bit of theming around the station and no effects or hint of a storyline then i agree that it is a waste of valuable time and money.

> 6) This must be the end of B&M in the UK. If Merlin are not
> prepared to buy them, who will?

Grevin perhaps!!! lol :)

Re: Thorpe Park Canada Creek Coaster 2009 by britcitchris britcitchris Profile at 11/19/07 4:25:45 AM

Well, it's hardly going to get lots more people coming to Thorpe and this was a great chance for a quality ride introduction, like Graeme said. Still, the upside is that it's another thrill ride to add to the variety and the themeing looks tops.

Re: Thorpe Park Canada Creek Coaster 2009 by Fraser Fraser Profile at 11/20/07 3:12:02 AM

Ok- here goes.
I'M GLAD IT'S NOT A B+M.

B+M have become rather forceless and unspectacular of late. At least this looks well themed, has an interesting layout and may also contain dark-ride style sections a la Mystery Mine.
And as for it not attracting more visitors
1) Good! The place is packed enough as it is
2) It will anyway - it's a coaster, it's quite tall, it's got a weirs lift hill with a twisty layout. It will get attention.
Put it this way-it's better than the flying fish, Charlie and Choc factory, splash battles and relocated vekoma inverteds.

Re: Thorpe Park Canada Creek Coaster 2009 by Cal at 11/20/07 8:26:55 AM

I've said this elsewhere but, what's the point?

They already have a rough looping coaster.
They already have a coaster with a big vertical drop.

Couldn't they get something a bit different?
Eurofighters are the SLC of the noughties - cheap, cheerful and very soon ubiquitous. There is already a Eurofighter close to London so, for me, this is a very poor choice. The themeing will have to be utterly amazing to make me want to ride this more than once.

Re: Thorpe Park Canada Creek Coaster 2009 by Graeme Graeme Profile at 11/20/07 9:19:17 AM

> Ok- here goes.
> I'M GLAD IT'S NOT A B+M.

Fair enough Fraser! You have ridden Air, and you have probably ridden Rage as well, so if you'd prefer this, I respect that.

> B+M have become rather forceless and unspectacular of late.

You've probably ridden more recent ones than me, but I thought their last one in the UK (Nemesis Inferno) built up plenty of G-forces a couple of years in. Admittedly, it's unspectacular, but that's down to Thorpe. It works well for its size, if you know what I mean.

> And as for it not attracting more visitors
> 1) Good! The place is packed enough as it is
> 2) It will anyway - it's a coaster, it's quite tall, it's
> got a weirs lift hill with a twisty layout. It will get
> attention.

Yes, it will, but I do think most of Thorpe's visitors will have ridden Rage, and will say "This is just like Rage!" They'll still like it though, I admit.

Put it this way, I used to talk to someone at work about coasters. I told him Thorpe were building a good coaster in 2009 and it would probably be a bigger version of Air (my fault, I know). He was really pleased with that, and I know he wouldn't have been as excited if I'd have said it was a bigger version of Rage.

> Put it this way-it's better than the flying fish, Charlie
> and Choc factory, splash battles and relocated vekoma
> inverteds.

Oh yes indeed, Thorpe is probably the best park in the UK. Unfortunately, that doesn't mean as much as it used to.

Re: Thorpe Park Canada Creek Coaster 2009 by deeve at 11/20/07 5:10:44 PM

I like to think that maybe thorpe will in future build another b&m somewhere else in the park the next time around. This will probaly happen when they charge us to park the car like with alton towers when air was introduced. A large B&M would be nice instead of mini versions of american style ones. Built over one of the lakes would be incredible. A world class either flyer, dive machine or speed would be superb.

Re: Thorpe Park Canada Creek Coaster 2009 by Fraser Fraser Profile at 11/20/07 5:26:51 PM

> Ok- here goes.
> I'M GLAD IT'S NOT A B+M.

> Fair enough Fraser! You have ridden Air, and you have
> probably ridden Rage as well, so if you'd prefer this, I
> respect that.

Actually-I haven't ridden Rage. Southend's not that easy to get to from SW¬London.

> B+M have become rather forceless and unspectacular of late.

> You've probably ridden more recent ones than me, but I
> thought their last one in the UK (Nemesis Inferno) built up
> plenty of G-forces a couple of years in. Admittedly, it's
> unspectacular, but that's down to Thorpe. It works well for
> its size, if you know what I mean.

I find their coasters admirable-but not FUN.

> And as for it not attracting more visitors
> 1) Good! The place is packed enough as it is
> 2) It will anyway - it's a coaster, it's quite tall, it's
> got a weirs lift hill with a twisty layout. It will get
> attention.

> Yes, it will, but I do think most of Thorpe's visitors will
> have ridden Rage,

I doubt it. Most of Thorpe's visitors haven't gone beyond Feltham, let alone make the 3 hour trek to Southend.

and will say "This is just like
> Rage!" They'll still like it though, I admit.

Nah- you overestimate sense-memory. More of them will have ridden Nemesis in AT than rage in Saaarfend-and that doesn't stop them from riding NI.

>> Oh yes indeed, Thorpe is probably the best park in the UK.
> Unfortunately, that doesn't mean as much as it used to.

No park in the UK is as good as it should be. At least Thorpe is building coasters.

Re: Thorpe Park Canada Creek Coaster 2009 by Graeme Graeme Profile at 11/21/07 10:01:43 AM

> Nah- you overestimate sense-memory. More of them will have
> ridden Nemesis in AT than rage in Saaarfend-and that
> doesn't stop them from riding NI.

Yes, but Nemesis Inferno brought something new (and good) to the South. Southend may be difficult to get to by public transport, but I still see both parks as overwhelmingly "The South". They're both the South East, in fact. Sitting here in Essex, both Southend and Thorpe are fairly easy days-out, whereas Alton is very difficult.

OK, this won't stop anyone riding or liking the Canada Creek coaster, but for those of us who are "in the know", it would be just plain better to have something else brought to the South.

At the end of the day, I'm not saying this is a bad business decision. It looks quite a good layout, it will attract people to the park and they'll like it.

However, I cannot lie. I cannot pretend my reaction is anything other than disappointment after four years spent looking forward to a B&M flyer.

OK, maybe that's my fault for believing the rumour, but who can deny this has been one of the strongest and most persistant rumours we've ever had? It seems it's been changed at the very last minute.

Yes, it's by far the best UK ride known about for either 2008 or 2009. In any other context this would be good news, but in these particular circumstances, it's disappointing.

As a comic aside, I remember when Southend announced Rage, we debated this in almost the exact reverse, Fraser!

Re: Thorpe Park Canada Creek Coaster 2009 by britcitchris britcitchris Profile at 11/21/07 12:36:47 PM

So, we all seem to agree that it will be popular but ultimately we are let down that it's not a 'major' new ride.

Could it be that Thorpe changed their minds to a cheap alernative at the last minute so they can invest the rest into something special a bit further down the line? Something world class perhaps? One can only dream!

Re: Thorpe Park Canada Creek Coaster 2009 by Graeme Graeme Profile at 11/21/07 5:39:47 PM

> Could it be that Thorpe changed their minds to a cheap
> alernative at the last minute so they can invest the rest
> into something special a bit further down the line?
> Something world class perhaps? One can only dream!

Oh yes, I still like Thorpe and am hopeful for its future. I think any future coasters could be great. That said, we will have to wait until at least 2012.

I think you are basically right. The Canada Creek coaster was always going to be 100ft, and so I think they just cut their losses and chose a cheap, compact ride in the end.

I hate sounding like a spoilt brat. It really is just because I was looking forward to a new B&M so much.

It's unlikely we'll ever get a B&M flyer there now, but I think in the future we could get a hyper, junior hyper or even a woodie. It all depends on the scale of the ride they want for any particular area. Like I say, the Canada Creek coaster was always going to be small (although a 100ft Euro Fighter will be terrifying), but maybe there's room for a "big budget" coaster elsewhere (maybe when the infills are done).

Re: Thorpe Park Canada Creek Coaster 2009 by Fraser Fraser Profile at 11/22/07 8:32:01 AM

I suspect that TP have gone for a cheaper coaster so they can have better themeing. With JW on board it would be a shame to waste his expertise by giving him a budget of 20p.

Re: Thorpe Park Canada Creek Coaster 2009 by deeve at 11/28/07 4:58:43 PM

i was sceptical about the eurofighter but it dosen't look that bad. I think its thorpe park's way of getting out of ever having to install a dive machine. Ok i know theres differences but the trains are similar and steep drops and inversions not to different. Can someone tell me where are they gonna put the hotel i assume where the farm was. Im not sure theres enough at thorpe to warrant a hotel also cuts areas for new coasters.

Re: Thorpe Park Canada Creek Coaster 2009 by Graeme Graeme Profile at 11/28/07 6:58:35 PM

> i was sceptical about the eurofighter but it dosen't look
> that bad. I think its thorpe park's way of getting out of
> ever having to install a dive machine. Ok i know theres
> differences but the trains are similar and steep drops and
> inversions not to different.

Yes, we won't get a Dive Machine now (not that I want one). It's also a way of adding the inversions the park didn't have (immelman, dive loop).

Ah, if only Colossus had been a B&M with giant loop, dive loop, zero G roll etc... It would have solved a lot of problems! Inferno should also have had an immelman. They wouldn't have needed a third looping coaster at all.

> Can someone tell me where are
> they gonna put the hotel i assume where the farm was.

As far as I'm aware, it's behind Depth Charge.

PS - If anyone wants to see plans for this coaster, this is a good site:

Thorpe Park Mania

Re: Thorpe Park Canada Creek Coaster 2009 by deeve at 11/29/07 2:27:36 PM

Maybe we may get the flyer where the farm was. Id like to see the following at thorpe in the future

B&M flyer
4d
a giant woodie
b&m speed coaster

either of theese i feel would put thorpe up there as a major force in europe

Re: Thorpe Park Canada Creek Coaster 2009 by Graeme Graeme Profile at 11/30/07 6:24:49 PM

> Maybe we may get the flyer where the farm was. Id like to
> see the following at thorpe in the future

Thorpe Farm is going to be a "Compensation Area" for the landfill elsewhere. Thorpe Park will basically extend as far as Treasure Island (which will be enlarged). Then there will be two large islands between Treasure Island and Depth Charge. There will also be infill at the Peninsula.

> B&M flyer

I think they've decided against that now. They just don't seem to want one for the cost.

> 4d

They're definitely supposed to be getting better with each iteration, so we'll see..

> a giant woodie
> b&m speed coaster

Totally and utterly agree. Thorpe keep referring to Stealth as their "Icon Ride", so I don't think they could go up 200ft for a mega coaster. It'd have to be 150ft, which is plenty. I could see one going from Treasure Island down to Canada Creek.

However, in all honestly, I can't see them seeing the value in this type of ride, or thinking it would be worth the money.

Re: Thorpe Park Canada Creek Coaster 2009 by deeve at 12/1/07 6:45:29 PM

i know little about theese euro fighters to be honest. i looked at videos of mystery mine closely at dollywood and if they are gonna go heavy on theming it will be interesting as to how they will do it. Mystery mine features visual screen effects and track inside and out smoke etc. If they have gone for this eurofighter because its cheaper than a flyer im sure it gives them money for some good theming and effects. It potenialy has the making maybe of a little gem of a ride. The one thing that worrries me is that gerstlauer and thorpe may have agreed to 2 coasters the other one being a bobsled. On mid term reports this coaster is mentioned and that would mean another family ride. Thorpe is better off sticking too extreme rides.

Re: Thorpe Park Canada Creek Coaster 2009 by Graeme Graeme Profile at 12/2/07 2:53:55 PM

> The one thing that
> worrries me is that gerstlauer and thorpe may have agreed
> to 2 coasters the other one being a bobsled.

I think they meant a Mack Bobsled, not a Gerstlauer.

> On mid term
> reports this coaster is mentioned and that would mean
> another family ride. Thorpe is better off sticking too
> extreme rides.

Not really. The only thing all Thorpe's coasters should be is "good", not extreme. As an example, Megafobia is better than any Euro Fighter, yet it's far less extreme.

Also, Cobra at Paultons is better than anything at Thorpe apart from maybe Nemesis Inferno. There is one problem and one problem only with a (Gerstlauer) Bobsled at Thorpe - the capacity. Other than that, it would be far more fun than their existing rides.

Re: Thorpe Park Canada Creek Coaster 2009 by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 12/2/07 10:28:39 PM

This is quite true, Graeme, but if they used a dual loading station, or a loading/unloading format, it might help speed it up... plus it would give you a reason to go to Thorpe. ;)

Re: Thorpe Park Canada Creek Coaster 2009 by Graeme Graeme Profile at 12/3/07 10:09:39 AM

> This is quite true, Graeme, but if they used a dual loading
> station, or a loading/unloading format, it might help speed
> it up... plus it would give you a reason to go to Thorpe.
> ;)

That reminds me, I'm sure Gerstlauer once offered a 6-passenger (3-row) Bobsled. Even better if they made one of my "Super Bobsleds"!

Re: Thorpe Park Canada Creek Coaster 2009 by clarkerm_ at 12/3/07 1:51:20 PM

A 4d? Are you mad? I've read only poor reviews of that new one in Japan, no idea how to spell it! From the things I've seen lately, it actually runs worse than X at SFMM and that thing's a nightmare.

Re: Thorpe Park Canada Creek Coaster 2009 by twpburton at 12/9/07 6:53:03 PM

I think this is a terrible aquisition for the park. I've ridden Rage and to be completely honest it doesn't do much for me. Its ok, but rather ordinary.

I was looking forward to a flyer also and am most disappointed. I've noticed a few people saying perhaps they went for the cheap option to spend more on theming....

YEAH RIGHT

I think they just want a cheap coaster to save money full stop. As Graeme said, the "people in the know" know what they want, but the fatcats running the company have no clue.

To be honest, Alton Towers, Thorpe Park, Chessington etc, have all deteriorated over the last 5 years or so, due to one thing. Money. When i visit, I don't think anymore "what shall i go on first", its simply "Will this be open today", "How much will they get me to spend on this trip" etc...

These English parks have a lot to learn from the parks across the pond...

Tom

Re: Thorpe Park Canada Creek Coaster 2009 by Graeme Graeme Profile at 12/10/07 9:18:17 AM

Hello Tom, I'm glad you've posted. I really wanted to know your opinion.

> I think this is a terrible aquisition for the park. I've
> ridden Rage and to be completely honest it doesn't do much
> for me. Its ok, but rather ordinary.

The funny thing is, I don't necessarily think there are too many Euro Fighters in the UK, as others have said (I don't actually like them either, true). I just think Alton and Thorpe are the absolute worst parks that could get them.

Rage makes sense to me, and there are two other compact 70ft models like it. If some small parks got those, I'd never complain... But Thorpe? No way!

> I was looking forward to a flyer also and am most
> disappointed. I've noticed a few people saying perhaps they
> went for the cheap option to spend more on theming....

> YEAH RIGHT

> I think they just want a cheap coaster to save money full
> stop. As Graeme said, the "people in the know"
> know what they want, but the fatcats running the company
> have no clue.

That's exactly what I think. OK, the station building will be decorated and there'll be a dark bit, but Nemesis Inferno also has all that.

Also, people think the theming will be good as John Wardley is involved. As far as I'm aware, though, he doesn't do theming. We're looking at his work right now: the layout.

> To be honest, Alton Towers, Thorpe Park, Chessington etc,
> have all deteriorated over the last 5 years or so, due to
> one thing. Money. When i visit, I don't think anymore
> "what shall i go on first", its simply "Will
> this be open today", "How much will they get me
> to spend on this trip" etc...

Absolutely.

> These English parks have a lot to learn from the parks
> across the pond...

And across the Channel. The Dutch, German and Scandinavian parks are absolutely humiliating us at the moment. They decide they want a GCI, B&M etc and just build it.

I know people are excited to get a new coaster and I know people like to be grateful, but I just can't see this as anything more than a disappointment. Look at the overhead plans. The footprint is far, far smaller than Colossus and significantly smaller than Nemesis Inferno, even!

If you like Rage, you'll like this, but make no mistake: this is just Rage with an extra 30ft and a dark bit!

Re: Thorpe Park Canada Creek Coaster 2009 by twpburton at 12/10/07 12:09:56 PM

well i'm glad i'm not the only one that feels this way about this.

I just think Rage is a perfect coaster for a seaside resort. Its cheap, thrilling and fits in nicely with smaller rides.

The trouble is with Thorpe and Alton, they already have world class rides (although I think they were world class about 5 years ago, they haven't caught up yet). A ride like Rage will get people into the park, but it won't have the same excitement that Stealth had 2 years ago.

The only plus side to this ride is reliability, compared to the existing rides at the park.

Thats another thought, perhaps they've HAD to go for a cheaper coaster, so they can fix the reliability on the other rides... I'd take that if it is the case as I hate going to Thorpe knowing 6 or so rides will be shut.

Tom

Re: Thorpe Park Canada Creek Coaster 2009 by Graeme Graeme Profile at 12/12/07 10:27:26 AM

> A ride like
> Rage will get people into the park, but it won't have the
> same excitement that Stealth had 2 years ago.

One reason Stealth is so good is because it's exactly what thrillseekers want. OK, it's not for everyone, but it satisfies those who would ride it.

A Euro Fighter, on the other hand, will be too scary for families yet not impressive enough for thrillseekers. This is going to be much scarier than Colossus and Inferno.

I'm not just knocking the ride here, I seriously think that.

> Thats another thought, perhaps they've HAD to go for a
> cheaper coaster, so they can fix the reliability on the
> other rides... I'd take that if it is the case as I hate
> going to Thorpe knowing 6 or so rides will be shut.

Yeah, or they're just in so much debt from buying the park. The Tussauds parks have been bought so many times this decade, for more money each time, I just feel they can't build as good rides as they used to.

Re: Thorpe Park Canada Creek Coaster 2009 by brad brad Profile at 2/1/08 9:46:31 AM

Well it would seem that Thorpe Parks coaster hasing been given the green light and is expected to start construction in late spring for the 2009 season.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/thorpe_park.htm

In my opinion this is going to be a great addition to the park, and I personally am looking forward to it.

I know it isn't quite a B&M but I did see a piece of concept art (I think it was on coasterforce website) and this does look quite stunning if pulled off.

Bring on the 2009 season is all I can say.

Brad

Re: Thorpe Park Canada Creek Coaster 2009 by deeve at 2/3/08 5:33:02 AM

the new owners may see this coaster as a good marketing opportunity with thorpe seemingly specialising in inversions. If a success we may seem them invest in developing the farm area with an exciting b&m coaster like a flyer. I would imagine the next big project will be the hotel. Its good to see thorpe going for some theming which may have been more costly with a flyer. I dont think the flyer is dead yet. Alton had the plans for a flyer after nemesis and was to be build where rita is and they ended up putting in forbidden valley. Im not concerned over thorpes future mine is of alton towers as there are no plans for a coaster this year or next so the earliest is 2010 and that is a long time since rita queen of speed.

Re: Thorpe Park Canada Creek Coaster 2009 by Legendary_Roller
coaster_Man
at 2/12/08 9:15:08 AM

The themeing on this looks really cool, not sure how exciting it will be though. Thorpe does seem to have come a long way in a relatively short space of time though.

Re: Thorpe Park Canada Creek Coaster 2009 by Graeme Graeme Profile at 2/28/08 11:21:32 AM

Despite all my rantings, I'm going to have to admit I was wrong about this.

I've just heard about the flying coaster layout in First Drop and, to be honest, I'm glad they didn't build it.

Re: Thorpe Park Canada Creek Coaster 2009 by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 2/28/08 3:35:51 PM

I think it was someone here who posted the animation for the EuroFighter, and I was blown away. What Graeme keeps on forgetting that with the new coaster, there's going to be a zero gravity roll tucked in the dark. Most first time riders won't be expecting that, and that's going to be perfect. :)

Re: Thorpe Park Canada Creek Coaster 2009 by the_winged_beast the_winged_beast Profile at 2/28/08 3:55:36 PM

> riders won't be expecting that, and that's going to be
> perfect. :)

Sorry to be cynical, but its not perfect it's the best possible compromise we could have hoped for

Thorpe Park has become successful quickly thanks to a lot of quick fixes, the infrastructure is overloaded, the place is a sheer hell to endure and not a joy to visit anymore, there are three main issues I feel . . . . .

Claustrophobic - there are people everywhere, there's no place to rest or avoid the crowds, its easy to feel trapped and overwhelmed by it all

Queues - are too long for shortened ride programs / experiences, it really isn't worth the wait, even off peak days are busy

Fastrack tickets - make the queues move even slower as anybody who's paid the few pounds more are obviously far more important and therefore have the right to join the queue in front of normal people who are waiting and have only paid the £30 gate price so aren't as important

Before the park expands onto the infill and spreads these issues further, they really need to fix the stresses in the existing park infrastructure

Re: Thorpe Park Canada Creek Coaster 2009 by Graeme Graeme Profile at 2/28/08 4:33:18 PM

>> riders won't be expecting that, and that's going to be
>> perfect. :)

> Sorry to be cynical, but its not perfect it's the best
> possible compromise we could have hoped for

LOL, you're right. I haven't really changed my mind - I was just trying to be humble!

In all seriousness, I still would have preferred a B&M Flying Coaster to a Euro Fighter; it's just that I've now heard about the layout, and I have to admit, I don't think I'd have liked it any more than the Euro Fighter.

According to First Drop magazine, it would not have had a "first drop" as such, but would have gone straight into a pretzel loop. OK, I can see why they were going to do that - to reduce the crushing Gs. A noble reason, but I just don't think I'd have liked what was effectively a headfirst vertical drop.

> Thorpe Park has become successful quickly thanks to a lot
> of quick fixes, the infrastructure is overloaded, the place
> is a sheer hell to endure and not a joy to visit anymore,
> there are three main issues I feel . . . . .

Totally agree. I think my cynicism towards Thorpe Park is the sheer irritation they got Colossus very wrong and Inferno slightly wrong. It may be arrogant to say that, but it's what I truly think.

This Euro Fighter, by comparsion, is probably a better layout and ride of its type than Colossus.

> Claustrophobic - there are people everywhere, there's no
> place to rest or avoid the crowds, its easy to feel trapped
> and overwhelmed by it all

Agree. I always seem to get headaches there. Mind you, I do overdo the coasters at most theme parks! It is very hot and exposed though.

> Queues - are too long for shortened ride programs /
> experiences, it really isn't worth the wait, even off peak
> days are busy

This never bothered me, but I haven't been there since 2005.

> Fastrack tickets - make the queues move even slower as
> anybody who's paid the few pounds more are obviously far
> more important and therefore have the right to join the
> queue in front of normal people who are waiting and have
> only paid the £30 gate price so aren't as important

I agree, although I don't think I've seen this yet? I remember when I first went in 2002, it was so carefree (and literally free!) You didn't have to pay for Fastrack - the guy manning the Colossus booth gave me two tickets at once.

Also, the scarier thrill rides do appeal to the yobs (I'm not saying everyone who likes them are yobs, of course). I wish they had done Colossus and Inferno better, and then Stealth if necessary, but for their 4th major coaster I really think they should be getting into non-looping territory, wood or steel.

Re: Thorpe Park Canada Creek Coaster 2009 by Fraser Fraser Profile at 3/10/08 7:25:46 PM

New for 2007- some relocated pap
New for 2008- Thomas Land and a bleedin Sealife centre

New for 2009 - A COASTER!
Quit moaning and be grateful.
Floorless coasters aren't all "that" and flying coasters are like SIM rides.At least this one will ack some sort of punch.

Re: Thorpe Park Canada Creek Coaster 2009 by Hurri Hurri Profile at 3/11/08 9:15:24 AM

Let's not forget... New for 2007, a Gerstlauer Eurofighter. We did it first! And new for 2008, a multi-sensory dark ride. It's better than an aquarium - and we've already got one of those anyway!

Adventure Island - leading the way.

Re: Thorpe Park Canada Creek Coaster 2009 by Graeme Graeme Profile at 3/11/08 10:06:06 AM

> New for 2007- some relocated pap

Not true. OK, Knightmare was relocated, but it's not pap. Rage was new, which this coaster is no better than.

> New for 2009 - A COASTER!
> Quit moaning and be grateful.

I'll quit moaning but I won't be grateful.

Re: Thorpe Park Canada Creek Coaster 2009 by Fraser Fraser Profile at 3/11/08 12:49:19 PM

> New for 2007- some relocated pap

> Not true. OK, Knightmare was relocated, but it's not pap.
> Rage was new, which this coaster is no better than.

Wellas you haven't ridden ether, i don't really see how you can say that.

Re: Thorpe Park Canada Creek Coaster 2009 by britcitchris britcitchris Profile at 3/12/08 7:22:18 AM

Fraser! Where have you been? Haven't seen you on here in ages.

Chris.

Re: Thorpe Park Canada Creek Coaster 2009 by Cal at 3/12/08 9:42:16 AM

He's busy being rude over at UK Rides. :P

Re: Thorpe Park Canada Creek Coaster 2009 by Graeme Graeme Profile at 3/12/08 11:07:10 AM

> Wellas you haven't ridden ether, i don't really see how you
> can say that.

How would you know? Stop dodging the point.

To give this coaster significantly more importance than the same type of ride that opened two years previously shows total bias towards Thorpe Park.

Re: Thorpe Park Canada Creek Coaster 2009 by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 3/14/08 1:26:25 PM

Graeme, are we talking about Stealth? Anyways, I'm starting to think this isn't going to be a filler until Thorpe get what they truly wanted, or what we've all wanted... a hyper/woodie/etc etc...

Re: Thorpe Park Canada Creek Coaster 2009 by ianh82 ianh82 Profile at 4/15/08 8:13:38 AM

thats good news. i asked a member when i visited thorpe last monday and no staff members know what coaster it is.

Re: Thorpe Park Canada Creek Coaster 2009 by Cal at 4/15/08 8:56:44 AM

I'm thinking Graeme is referring to Rage and Speed when he says same type of coaster (bear in mind Rage opened in 07 and this will open in 09, therefore, two years).

Well I guess I'll ride it but I won't get excited about it - I wasn't wild about Rage (though it's perfectly suited to a small seaside park) or Wild Svinet.

Re: Thorpe Park Canada Creek Coaster 2009 by ianh82 ianh82 Profile at 4/15/08 6:08:41 PM

> I'm thinking Graeme is referring to Rage and Speed when he
> says same type of coaster (bear in mind Rage opened in 07
> and this will open in 09, therefore, two years).

> Well I guess I'll ride it but I won't get excited about it
> - I wasn't wild about Rage (though it's perfectly suited to
> a small seaside park) or Wild Svinet.

havent made it to rage yet, is it worth the £6 or what ever it is a go??

Re: Thorpe Park Canada Creek Coaster 2009 by Cal at 4/17/08 11:18:22 AM

I rode it last year - thought it was OK. I don't know, they just don't pack much of a thrill for me, really. It's a great coaster for its location but I've done too many great rides to be really impressed by it.
I've not done Speed, so no idea how it compared. I've ridden Wild Svinet - it's on a par with that.